triumph tiger explorer xcx

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by birdscustard, Jun 10, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. birdscustard

birdscustard New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    llanelli
    Hi,
    just bought a explorer xcx on wednesday only done 12 miles to fill up tank for the weekend ,i have had several bikes over the last few years but i test rode the new 2016 model and thought this is the one for me i have had a ktm 1190r/ bmw r1200gs water cooled model but i love the looks of the explorer in blue anyway i have been watching the forum over the last few weeks so nice to finally join the club so to speak , on a sadder note i will need some advice about the bike so i guess i need to put up a help thread to find out if anyone else has a problem with the new 2016 model .

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Welcome in, custard , hopefully a great bike, I'm sure someone will answer your questions

3. birdscustard

birdscustard New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    llanelli
    I hope so its a bad start to hopefully a good adventure

4. birdscustard

birdscustard New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    llanelli
    what i cant understand is if they knew about this problem why triumph sent me the bike from the factory this week , and yes the person from HQ said all companies have this problems but it doesnt fill me with confidence .

5. birdscustard

birdscustard New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    llanelli
    hi in all fairness my dealer has said they will be me a loan bike tomorrow what it is im not sure, im honestly not sure if i should reject it after all its 2 days old and i have only done 5 miles on the clock im worried about them taking a new bike apart it could well be a gearbox or shaft fault thats what HQ thought but they have to speak to the factory they did seem clueless tbh.

6. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hi BC, I know you haven't gone into details on this problem with your bike, on this thread, so I won't go into details about resolving it, but I would strongly advise that you write a letter to the Dealer Principal stating that you "reserve the right to reject this vehicle" if you are not entirely satisfied with the work they are doing.

This will formally evidence that there has been a problem from the outset of this purchase, the supplying dealer was aware and so were Triumph themselves.

It takes no time at all to do and might provide valuable evidence should you need it later. I would also dealer it by hand into the hands only of the dealer principle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. birdscustard

birdscustard New Member

Jun 10, 2016
    llanelli
    Thank you for the advise if triumph would give me a new tiger explorer i would be happy i do love the brand i just get a bad feeling when someone is possibly going to strip a new bike down and put it back together like the factory did 12 miles ago i have only done 5 miles the dealer pdi was 7 miles =12 , i have to wait until monday when the factor will try to resolve the issuse with a certain number of explorers that came off production last week.

• Like Like x 1
  8. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Hope it gets sorted - welcome to the forum by the way.