Triumph Tiger 800 Abs

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Lourens Miller, Nov 27, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Lourens Miller

Lourens Miller New Member

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    HI all,
    I need some urgent help. I bought a set of clocks on ebay. it arrived and there is a problem Houston. when I plug the clocks there is nothing that comes on only thing that will operate is the indicators. As soon as I switch the ignition on it pops the key fuse but there is now short that I can trace. Immobiliser and roll over switch also call Fall Detection switch I can not find for love or money. The manual does not indicate there position.

Any light on this is appreciated.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Illumination? Sorry but your description is far too vague to understand what you have done and why and consequently what the issue might be. A wild a**ed guess is a basic compatibility issue where only the multi plug matches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lourens Miller

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    Bike had no cluster searched for a compatible unit and installed that. What I don't understand is why it is poping the fuse There is no illumination. Only thing I can think off is the roll over switch that is activated

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Year/model of your bike and donor bike? How come you were missing the instruments? Bike history? Etc., etc......

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lourens Miller

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    Bike was Crashed its a 2013 there is 2 clocks listed on the vin T250 3727 and a T250 3734 I cant find a T250 3727 I have installed the 3734

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Lourens Miller

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    I have managed to sort another pair of clocks that seem to work but the bike will not start. 1st issue was immobiliser, got that sorted . Issue now is dealer tells me the ABS is not compatible with the bike. What trickery is this. My engine MIL light flashes to fast apparently non stop. I get that could be because of the mismatch in mileage with the ECU. As before Any help to go for a ride is appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Lourens Miller.
    You may have to get the tune ecu and set it all up from scratch. Or the clocks may still be playing up or indeed the immobiliser. Did your bike have ABS You may have to disable it.
    Regards
    Joe.

9. Lourens Miller

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    Thanks Joe, The bike has ABS Is there a reset one can do as I cant understand that a logic chip can not be programmed to start with. And as For ABS on a bike ,well lets not go there. I have no issue with disabling it.

What I find strange is that the dealer says the ABS is not compatible with the bike The ECU & Key were from a bike that had ABS the Clocks also but from a different bike. Don't think Triumph will make different units for Different bike without keeping comparability in mind

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Lourens Miller
    Sorry mate. Not sure about this one. But surely Triumph could swap modes to disable the ABS.
    Regards
    Joe.

12. Lourens Miller

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    Thanks Joe Triumph SA has been helpfull but no solution as yet

• Like Like x 1
  13. Lourens Miller

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    Alridy then. I got rid of the pescy ABS mismatch and now the Immobilizer is mismatched with Error P1508 and P1502 cant win it seems

14. Lourens Miller

Oct 20, 2019
    South Africa
    I cant believe I am the ony one that has this shit from this bike. don't you guys build your bikes up when you crash them?