Triumph Thunderbird 650 circa 1965

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by MikeF00, Nov 18, 2014.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MikeF00

MikeF00 New Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Hi, my dad (who is now getting on a bit), has an old triumph thunderbird 650cc from about 1965 sitting in his shed. Its completly intact but needs somone to renovate it.
    Its grey, silver and black with original number plates.
    He's not sure if he's going to keep it after that, or sell it,etc.

Any body got any ideas?.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Hi MikeFOO,

I ( Also getting on a bit) have a '58 thunderbird in my shed I have had it for a while now and bought it because it was there and I wanted it. It was rideable when I got it but due to work commitments and family got pushed further and further to the back of my shed. I still want the bike and will get it running again, to ride not to show. My thoughts are: If he has the space and wants it, keep it, get it running again and go on from there, your opinions change about what you want to do with a bike when you're out and riding it. Or if he doesn't want it give it to you!!

If you're after getting someone else to renovate it best post where you are in the country and I'm sure someone will come up with some local-ish contacts for you

all the best

• Like Like x 1
  3. Recycled Rocker

Recycled Rocker Senior Member

Apr 19, 2014
    North Yorkshire Cave
    Hello Mike, I have a 1963 Thunderbird, bought it running but scruffy. Stripped her but got sidetracked which all too easily happens. To have it renovated by others will cost a lot. I would suggest sell as is, as it has original plates, engine,frame no etc put a pic up on here when yer have a min, probably someone on here who is from that era would be interested, I would be.

Failing this, Chrispey has some good suggestions. :upyeah: Old Bike Mart, Classic Bike and Real Classic have some really good adverts for restorers.