Triumph T120 Bonneville Silencers. What Do You Think?

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Mark Davies, Oct 11, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Mark Davies

Mark Davies New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    England
    #1 Mark Davies, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2019
    Hi all,

I have a 1966 Bonneville that's been sat in the shed too long. I want to put some after market triumph silencers on it that will give a bit more grunt and give it a spin every now and then. Have been looking around online at a few shops, these ones looks good and are reasonable in price Universal short megaphone silencer

What do you recon, has anyone else used this shop?

Cheers, Mark. o_O

2. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    #2 stevethegoolie, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Hi, Mark.
    I had some similar 'silencers' on my '69 Bonnie. Can't remember if it went any better with 'em fitted or not, but it certainly sounded nice!:) And it was quicker/faster than my mate's CB750!!:grinning:
    Aahh, those were the days (1971-72).:cool:

EDIT .... some other folk on here have, I believe, used the Classic Bike Shop for bits 'n' bobs and have not had any (reported) problems as far as I know.
    An alternative 'silencer' back when I were a lad was the BSA Gold Star type, which would find its way onto most bikes of that period be they BSA, Triumph or Norton. Don't remember seeing many on AJS or Matchless models though.:confused:

• Like Like x 1
  3. darkman

darkman Crème de la Crème

Oct 26, 2015
    Southcoast of the UK Earth
    No exhaust will make enough difference that you would notice it although a louder sound will make you feel its going faster :) A good engine tune oil and filters or combined with a decoke would do more. I have never had any issues with CBS.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mark Davies

Mark Davies New Member

Oct 11, 2018
    England
    Brill, thank you for your reply i will also have a look out for the Gold star style ones.
    Cheers Steve :)

• Like Like x 1