Sprint Triumph Sprint St 955i 2001 Questions..

Discussion in 'Sprint & Trophy' started by Murray Strathdee, Oct 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Macduff

Macduff Well-Known Member

May 21, 2020
    Aberdeen
    No problem. Nitron definitely offer remote preload adjustment and I'm sure Maxton will too

Ohlins are nice but you may need to factor a rebuild into the oeuvre depending on the mileage it's covered. I put ohlins on my last two bikes and really enjoyed the improved ride but their shock for the 1050 is just too expensive

• Like Like x 1
  2. Murray Strathdee

Murray Strathdee New Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Scotland
    Yeah, very pricey indeed. But food for thought. I may see how the standard one is on a few rides then go from there.

3. Mof

Mof New Member

Aug 22, 2020
    Somerset, UK
    Hi - nice Sprint, mine's a blue 2000 (but a bit more travel-stained than yours seems to be!).
    Previous owner of mine was a big lad and took the bike around the Med with his girlfriend and lots of luggage (panniers/top box/tank bag/bungees), he just wound all the preloads up and didn't seem to have problems grounding anything.
    Is the alarm a Datatool Veto Evo? Mine's got one - the user manual (and other docs) are here:
    https://www.datatool.co.uk/faq-datatool-veto-plus/
    You turn off the movement sensor by pressing the 'triangle' button, or put it into service mode (aka 'valet mode') for things like replacing the bike battery - but maybe you've got something different fitted 'cos a Veto Evo would need it's internal 9v cell (that stops it dying terminally if the bike battery is disconnected) replacing by now.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Murray Strathdee

Murray Strathdee New Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Scotland
    Hi Mof,

Thanks. Yeah, i am really happy with it. Its only done 6733 miles. So just broken in really. All MOTs to prove it.

Thank you for your info. I wasnt sure whay the triangle button did. As i just switch it off with the O button. But then after a short time the alarm comes on its self again. I may need to geve it a few runs to see whats what.

5. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Triumphal385

Triumphal385 Active Member

Mar 23, 2020
    South East
    A Haynes manual is always a good start. I added Oxford tour grips to my 1050, and can recommend them.

Ebay may source used rack & box, but I went with Givi, and added the high-level brake lamp kit. I've also added bits like Scottoiler, sat nav, phone case & charge, dashcams, volt & amp meter, air temp meter, alarm, led headlamps, screens. Plenty can be done to keep you busy over winter.

However, I understand that stock bikes retain value much better than customised, so you may wish to bear that in mind.

• Like Like x 2
  7. mcwithahammer

mcwithahammer New Member

Sep 26, 2013
    Wouldn't worry about loading it up, I've been touring with the wife on the back and fully loaded, without any problems.
    If you are worried, just give it a bit extra preload.