Triumph Speed Triple Rs - Review

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Aurence, Jul 28, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Aurence

Aurence Member

May 31, 2018
    Edinburgh
    I have finally reached over 1,000 miles on my (replacement) Triumph Speed Triple RS and the 500 mile service went without a hitch. I decided to put together a review of my experiences with the RS and although it is organic and will probably be refined and grow as I progress with the bike, I think it is now worthy of reading. It is a 'heavy reading' review but for those of you who are contemplating purchasing an Speed RS, there is a (quick read) summary section at the end.

http://www.lawrencephotographic.com... Triple RS/Triumph Speed Triple RS Review.htm

I hope you find the review or the summary helpful?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Speedy Steve'o RS

Speedy Steve'o RS New Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Stansted England
    Thanks for such in depth and detailed review
    I will be picking up my new speed RS next Saturday and I'm very much looking forward to it

I've had the the Street RS for the last 9 months and covered near on 11000 miles and loved every minute of it and will definitely get another one for track use in the future

I'll probably miss the silky gearbox and quickshifter the most as the speed one as us say is definitely more clunky but to be fair they always have been

I didn't bother with the quick shifter this time as I don't I'll need it as much, I'm looking forward to being lazy and staying in third all day ;)

3. Barryscott

Barryscott Member

Jul 7, 2018
    Tupelo, Ms, USA
    Loved the review. Agreed this is a great bike. But the quick shifter come standard here in the US. Mine has worked perfect from day one, high or low revs. And the gearbox is a good improvement from the 2012R I had

• Like Like x 1
  4. Angus

Angus Noble Member

Mar 19, 2017
    South Africa
    Thank you for the in depth and detailed review Aurence, really enjoyed reading it.

5. Triple Lover

Triple Lover New Member

Apr 28, 2018
    Devon
    Hi Aurence, excellent I enjoyed reading this. Well done for spending what must have been a considerable amount of time writting your detailed and real world review.

I also have a new Speed RS with similar mileage and agree with many of your comments. One particular section of your review mimics my exact thoughts and thats the operation of the quick shifter / auto slipper. I also find that at most real world speeds this can be rather inconsistent (ranging from beautifully smooth to rather notchy) and would appreciate an update if you manage to improve this in the future.
    The "professional" reviewers seem to like this part of the bike so I was surprised that I have only really liked it at the higher revs / manic acceleration.
    I will also engage with my dealer just in case this could be improved upon.

Best wishes from another very happy RS owner.:heart_eyes:

6. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Hi all,
    Spotted this in a waiting room at rugby hospital. Bike mags everywhere!
    What a place!
    Ps, I’m ok. Just “working “....
    Great review!
    Bike mag mar 19.

4CB4943D-D7F9-448F-A309-8BDDC9620B7E.jpeg

B08858FE-A77B-4072-B85E-4F88963FBD9C.jpeg

FF45EED1-F4EF-4220-8356-99CCF6F098FB.jpeg

D6CCF4A7-8239-4F40-9242-86516B4EA34F.jpeg

5FA5A78B-98D9-4A2C-A8F6-4BBDCFA9E8BA.jpeg

E18C4458-8E0B-497D-B3D1-45CF99E71AE6.jpeg

C0B4D98A-4F3B-45F7-9864-54AA97A73830.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    well, this is ironic.......
    Turns out all of these "bike mags" at rugby hospital were actually mine!
    My girlfriend works there occasionally and was putting them out for the patients to read as she didn’t want them scattered around the house etc.
    Great.

• Like Like x 3