Triumph Short Tors Bargain

Discussion in 'America, Speedmaster & Rocket' started by HappyAl, Jul 20, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

DSC_0168.jpg
    Guess what I'm doing today!

• Like Like x 3
  2. HappyAl

HappyAl Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Warrington
    I did mine dead easy and I'm hopeless on the spanners

• Like Like x 2
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Biggest problem will be taking the old one's off. I've ground half of the bracket and clamp away !!!:p

Just hope there's enough left to get a socket on :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

:mad::confounded::weary_face:
    Bloody left hand pipe is rusty inside!!!!
    DSC_0170.jpg

Spoke to a lovely lass called Sharon at World of Triumph, return this one and they'll send me a new one. Good service but annoying.

Fitted rh pipe, sounds nice. Just as loud as slash cut, but a sharper bark to it, less of a fluff, if you know what I mean :cool:

So sorry for next year GMU, still be noisy following me :laughing:

DSC_0171.jpg
    @crispey, see clean bike:p

• Like Like x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    What was that then? " i will clean teachers bike 100 times or get put in a shallow grave!"

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. HappyAl

Apr 13, 2017
    Warrington
    Just what I thought

7. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

You seem to forget something, I'm currently 3 1/2 weeks through a 6 1/2 week school holidays !!!!:cool::laughing:

Don't go near that place till I have to :eek:

8. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Aaaaah I got the wrong idea about that cage in the garage then

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    So, these pipes are a noticeable louder sound compared to stock pipes. Good to hear that the sound is not quiet like the stock pipes.

Why are these classed as being for EFI, any difference for carb'ed bikes?

10. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Sound is way better than std long pipes, proper noise and a nice bark to them. See if I can upload a video.

They are stamped 2008 production, but don't see why they wouldn't fit earlier bikes ??? Can someone check diameter of the carb'd bikes downpipes and location of the rear mounting point???

Happy to compare and see if they will fit!

From images, the rear mounting point looks the same! Always worth a punt at £43, be easy to sell on if you can't return!

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

12. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  13. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I'm definitely tempted, I recently bought a pair of cocktail shakers (not fitted yet) but after following Dilligaf on a ride out, I think they may be too old.

From what you say MrO, these could be the medium between whisper quiet stock pipes and too loud cocktail shakers.

I think I'll 'phone the dealer tomorrow to ask what the difference is between carb'ed and EFI .
    Thanks again!

• Like Like x 1
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

TOO LOUD COCKTAIL SHAKERS :eek:?????
    Man up scoot and get them fitted....LOUDEST IS BESTEST :p

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I've heard cocktail shakers can cause starting problems!!! :p:laughing:

Yes Scoot, they are too BLOODY LOUD:eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Scoot65

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    This sums up my search :-

:sleeping:Stock pipes < Something in between > Cocktail Shakers:eek:
    ...................................................:).......................................................................................................

BTW after a bit of research I think the main differences between Carb / EFI pipes are shorter external chrome shrouds and catalytic converter inside pipe

• Like Like x 1
  17. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

I believe the slash cuts TOR'S were actually accessories for earlier carb'd bikes, but the fitted on my EFi bike. The listed accessory pipes for EFi bikes are these tapered short TOR'S, that's from the parts number microfiche on World of Triumph.

No catalytic converter inside either of the short TOR'S, see straight through them.

So, I believe all 865 America's are compatible with these pipes and possibly the earlier carb'd bikes too,

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Just got an email from Triumph World, new pipe is in the post. Hopefully here tomorrow, and hopefully it is dry, cos I really need to run them in.

That's my story to the missus, and I'm sticking too it !!!;):cool::laughing:

• Like Like x 3
  19. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Received lh pipe today, bugger to get the clamp off as I'd smacked it off something and bent it a wee bit, but eventually persuaded to come off.

Not as noisy as the slash cut TOR'S, a bit more civilised, but still a damn site more noisy than the original std long pipes.

If std pipes were a 1, these would be a 6, with slash cut TOR'S a 7.5 on some kind of noise scale to 10.

Dilligaf's cocktails being an 11!!!:laughing:

Bloody good value for the coin, but maybe I would spend more and just get the slash cut short TOR'S if being really honest. If I fall over a cheap rust free rh short TOR, I will probably buy it and refit them, but in the meantime, these will do nicely. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. HappyAl

Apr 13, 2017
    Warrington
    Just what I thought