Triumph Quickshifter - Worries!!!!

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by R_1000, Nov 16, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    I have finally managed to install it last night but didn't get the opportunity to test it out. Hopefully this weekend I will give her a run :)

Only downside is I flattened the battery by leaving the ignition on whilst trying to adjust the sensor to get green light on Trans QS to come on. The upside I think I have got adjustment correct because now whenever I move the gear lever the green light comes on :). I have put the battery on charger.

** Is this normal for a new (1-2 months old battery) to go flat like this (not flat but not enough power to crank the engine). When you hit the kill switch on - fule pump primes, Dash come on all good, all lights working but all you get is a "Click" when you hit the starter. I must left the ignition on for 5-10 mins!!!! **

The bike fired up when connected using jump leads from my car. Atleast she fires up. Initially I thought I messed something while taking the tank, airbox and fixing the coils as this was the 1st time I worked on Triumph.

Here we go.... install pics :)

rsz_20161126_215852.jpg rsz_20161126_215857.jpg rsz_20161126_215903.jpg rsz_20161130_004417.jpg rsz_20161130_004423.jpg rsz_20161130_004429.jpg

2. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    Looking good, hope it works well for you.
    re battery. yes it is. Bike batteries dont really have much storage capacity, so 10 mins with the headlights on drains it past the min threshold for the ECU to allow the starter motor to crank.
    It is the built in protection for the ECU.

A good charge would do the battery good, it just went below the min voltage for the bike to start. Doesnt mean the battery is a badun

• Like Like x 1
  3. Red Thunder

Red Thunder Crème de la Crème

Dec 2, 2014
    High Wycombe
    #23 Red Thunder, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    If working on the bike and needing the ignition on, remove the fuse for the headlights.
    Also, ensure the car engine is NOT running when jumping a battery, I read this elswhere this morning.
    Edited due to my poor spelling

• Like Like x 2
  4. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    It's too late on this :-(. I did fire her up with car engine running. I just hope I haven't fried anything. I am going to leave the battery on the optimate charger till Thursday meaning it would have had 12+ hours charge.

I will keep you guys posted on the QS once I get a chance to give her a run. Exciting times :)

cheers buddy :)

5. Richard H

Richard H Noble Member

Oct 26, 2012
    Swadlincote Derbyshire England
    Hope it all goes well. I am a convert and big fan of quickshifters. The mrs has the official Triumph Q/S on her 2015 Street Triple which was just one plug and works flawlessly.
    I have one on the MT10 again a manufacturers official accessory. I dont use it all the time mostly choosing to still use the clutch but on an open road with no one around its a great feeling to be able to pin the throttle and simply tap it up through the gears :)

• Like Like x 2
  6. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #26 R_1000, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    Ok here we go . ..:)

Went for a 20 miles blast. The shifting is super smooth with no glitches whatsoever . You can even shift from 1st to 2nd but you need to be above 3k. Took a nice long sweaper bend on 3rd (slightly hanging off), started going up the revs n started shifting . ...it was brilliant .....the shifting did not unsettle the bike at all. Before my 6th gear use to miss (more to do with my lazy shifting ), however with this unit it did not miss once.

The best thing is when you shift that millisecond noise (off the throttle noise :)) is very addictive .

To be honest this is better suited for track days. But it was real fun through the back countryside roads :). It's more of a fun factor than anything else unless ofcourse you are tracking .

I like this unit a lot. It feels like a good quality unit. Translogic support has been very welcoming . Also an American Triumph member (Matt) has been extremely helpful . He was kind enough to send me lots of close up pictures to help me get an understanding on how to mount the unit.

All in all.....I had good fun working the bike and the sound . ....oh yes ;-)

• Like Like x 8
  7. Lawson Green

Lawson Green Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Poole Dorset
    Just watched the video of the American guy that fitted this, looks fantastic I am going to get one i think, where did you get yours from, have you got a link?...i belive the company are from poole dorset which is where i live.

8. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    #28 R_1000, Dec 28, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
    Hello mate

You can buy directly from Translogic (poole). I bought mine through Bikes HPS as they were 10% cheaper.

https://www.bikehps.com/acatalog/Translogic_Quickshifters_for_Triumph_Motorcycles.html#aTRITRANS

The American guy on you tube. ...his name is Matt. He helped me a lot to mount this unit.

I went for a good blast yesterday and I couldn't fault this unit.

All the best buddy

• Like Like x 1