Featured Triumph Or Harley Hmmmm....

Discussion in 'Bonneville' started by rudderpedals, Aug 23, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I used to have the Sprints but they got faster and I got slower so went back to the start and had the Bonneville. But I do love the triples.
    Ride safe
    Joe

2. Knopflerstyle

Knopflerstyle New Member

Apr 15, 2017
    CA
    To me Harley and Triumph Bonnies are very different. Nothing to compare. Size and more important style. You can listen to the Clash and buy a Harley, and you cant listen to Lynyrd Skynyrd on a Triumph.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    Well I've just done a deal and my T120 is going this week which I'm really pleased about. That will more than likely be my last Triumph - too many warranty issues and a pretty bland machine at that which left me uninterested in riding. Time to move on.

4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck with your next bike and manufacturer....
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  5. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    Thank you

6. Woznotwoz

Woznotwoz Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Morecambe
    I've got to hold my hands up and admit I didn't.................. :(

7. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've got to hold my hands up too, in the past i never used to bother with test rides as any bikes I've bought i knew i wanted:),however i did test ride several bikes before buying the speed triple, i took most of them out for a good couple of hours,i didn't really need to do this as i had pretty much decided on either the Ducati Monster or the triumph, but i just thought i would have a bit of fun on the other bikes!;) there's only ever been one bike i didn't like and that was a Honda shadow that i hired when on holiday, but i think that was probably because it had been used and abused and everything was knackered on it:eek:!

8. joe mc donald

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Have you tried the bonnie t100. I have a 2010 model and I love it. It has attitude and it handles accelerates and between my t100 and t120 I will take the 100 all the time. Only thing I had to change was the rear shock as I found it a little soft for my liking. But I had a set of Hagon nitro's I'd taken of my Harley and they were perfect.
    Ride Safe.
    Joe.

9. Matthew Woodhall

Matthew Woodhall Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Yorkshire
    Ive got a t120 and a HD xl1200c sportster anniversary model 2003

They are as good as each other. Nothing to split them. The harley is a bit comfier on long runs.

No other bikes ride and feel like them

Actually the harley is my Mrs's bike but she hasnt past her test yet so I get to ride it lol.

IMG_2732.JPG

LRM_EXPORT_20170919_094347.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  10. GaleForceEight

GaleForceEight Noble Member

Nov 1, 2017
    Southend
    What a wonderful term of phrase. You have stated perfectly the way I felt about the Triumph Bobber gear shift when compared to my BMW F800ST. The F800 is still a good machine and I like it, but Triumph have some very good engineers too.

• Agree Agree x 1