Triumph Newcastle

Discussion in 'Dealers & Workshop Reviews' started by TEZ 217, May 24, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    I just picked up my Thunderbird following a Triumph recall on front and rear wheel bearings,
    Took it to TRIUMPH - NEWCASTLE MOTORCYCLES, What great service I got, the service manager Paul is a real nice bloke, very friendly and most efficient indeed, dropped of 9am call two hours later to pick up my completed bike, GREAT SERVICE - I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND, Thanks to forum member John T for his pointer in the right direction.

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Met Paul a few times....lovely bloke
    Even let me have his exhaust gaskets when I needed two so I could finish my bike and he ordered two more
    Can't get better than that

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Loulewis

Loulewis New Member

Apr 8, 2015
    Carlisle UK
    I can also vouch for TRIUMPH NEWCASTLE.
    My local dealers (KC SUPERBIKES in Carlisle) instill no confidence in me whatsoever. The 3 times they had my Thunderbird Storm (1 service and 2 tyre fits) the belt was not set up right at all - the last time it was riding up the edge of the pulley and then 'strumming' back down into the teeth, chipping small pieces off of the edge of the belt). Each time I rang them the next day to get it sorted but they couldn't see me until well into the following week. I decided to buy the tension and alignment tool and (hopefully) sorted it myself. They also scratched my fork lowers round the spindle doing a front tyre change, the rear ABS signal lead was not clipped and tucked away but loose and waiting to get caught on something and a connector block under the tank was loose and rattling around - and I know others who had issues there as well.
    I was due an 18,000 service last March and it certainly wasn't going back to Carlisle so I tried the next closest dealer which was TRIUMPH NEWCASTLE, 40 odd mile away. Talk about a difference - the place is TRIUMPH through and through. Great showroom and friendly and knowledgeable staff, Paul especially. He kept me updated throughout my stay there. I mentioned my concerns with the belt and his team checked it out. Bike (especially the belt) has been fine ever since.
    TRIUMPH NEWCASTLE has reinforced my brand loyalty which, to be honest, had taken a right battering as the end of last year I felt like pushing the Storm off of a very tall cliff.
    I'm definitely going to be a repeat customer.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

KC Superbikes is where I got my speedmaster from
    Wasn't impressed by the way I was dealt with.....as if I was in the way or something and I was trying to buy a bike :(
    Haven't been back : unamused:

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Scoot65

Scoot65 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2015
    DURHAM
    I've never been to Triumph Newcastle, I'll have to have a ride up there to check them out sometime...

6. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Free coffee!
    But it'll cost you....T shirt/gloves/new bike etc :p

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stollydriver

stollydriver Elite Member

Apr 25, 2015
    north wales
    Called in last Friday - really clean showroom and nice display of clothing etc. Great customer service even though they talk funny ( joking I'm married to a Geordie lass) Recommend

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Pitbull

Pitbull Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jun 5, 2015
    Ashington
    Thanks for the recommendation, I am in the process of selling up to move to Northumberland so I guess they will be my local dealer.

9. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    Have you moved yet ? Whereabouts ? Im now up near Kielder

Incidently Triumph Newcastle just did a complete new frame for TINGTONG (mounting for centrestand had failed) let me wait until end of the Summer then sorted in 3 days spot on again

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pitbull

Pitbull Well-Known Member
    Subscriber

Jun 5, 2015
    Ashington
    No not moved yet, was ready to go at the end of October when my buyer was made redundant and pulled out. Now waiting for an offer to be improved by a new buyer but he is dithering an p*****g me off. Hopefully be back on track this week.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good luck with that...... always a stressful time moving, particulary just before Christmas.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. John T

John T Senior Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Newcastle upon Tyne
    I know caused me to miss a NC500 and outer Hebrides trip but worth it

• Like Like x 1