Triumph Navigation

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Phil Elliott, Aug 14, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott New Member

Aug 14, 2022
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Hi all

I just recently purchased a new Street Triple RS and got the connectivity module fitted. I’m having a few issues getting it to work seamlessly with my Cardo Slim headset. Also, for some strange reason it comes up with a seemingly random ETA on the TFT when I use the Triumph navigation app.

Anyone got any experience with this and can offer some advice?

2. Ron W

Ron W New Member

Jun 14, 2023
    Camp Hill, PA
    No advice - same problem. I have the Tiger Rally Explorer with a new Cardo Edge. I am having a lot of trouble finding tips on getting these all in sync with iPhone. Paired the Cardo to TFT first, then iPhone to TFT. Some things work, and some do not. Music - TFT displays the song, but when I try to play, it reverts right back to pause. I spent a wad on all these new toys, so it is frustrating.

3. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    I've had my Tiger 900 GT Pro for almost 3 years, which came with the Bluetooth module as standard.

To be honest it never worked fully - the GPS navigation wouldn't work with my then current android phone so I resorted to using an older model.

The connection to my headset was intermittent at best, although I never tried to play music through it. Seemed to be a big issue on the Tiger forum and possibly resolved by the way in which you pair the device to the unit.

My GPS worked fine for some time but then just failed to connect. I basically gave up, unpaired everything and use Google maps on my phone now :D

4. Ron W

Ron W New Member

Jun 14, 2023
    Camp Hill, PA
    I'm going to fiddle around some more to see what I can do. If I have success, I'll post and share. Like you, however, I may just sync to the phone. I'm guessing that the mic constantly listens for 'Hey Cardo' so maybe 'Hey Siri' will wake up the iPhone and respond accordingly.

The concept of the TFT as a hub is great. What is surprising is that Triumph doesn't follow through with the two industry leaders like Sena and Cardo to ensure compatibility. At the very least, they could say what to expect will work and what will not work so we aren't on this endless pursuit of features that are dead ends.

Thanks for the response.

• Like Like x 2
  5. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    That would make more sense as successful connection seems to be pot luck at the moment.

6. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Triumph bluetooth is shit and iphones are troublesome too... sorry, but its true. Other manufacturers can pull it off seamlessly. Again, sorry for providing no help whatsoever. Good luck but I reckon you'll end up pulling your hair out o_O

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ron W

Ron W New Member

Jun 14, 2023
    Camp Hill, PA
    Unfortunately, that is what I am finding.

8. steve lovatt

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    There are supposed to be software updates available from the dealer, depending on who you talk to. A1 Moto in York told me they were a waste of time and that Triumph designed the module back in 2017, making it compatible with current phones at that time!

9. Ron W

Ron W New Member

Jun 14, 2023
    Camp Hill, PA
    Lovely. Let's start a petition.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zeev Glozman

Zeev Glozman New Member

Aug 19, 2023
    Gainesville FL
    You know its software and it can be updated. Many companies manage to mae this kind of stuff for single digit cost. This is super annoying