Featured Triumph Forum sat nav group

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dougie D, Sep 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire

2. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Seen and replied....

• Like Like x 1
  3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Who's William Smith ???? Any of us ??? Just got a request. Message me if you want.

4. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Did you get a request from Davie_M?..maybe his real name is William Smith:confused:

5. WesSmith

WesSmith Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Hastings, East Sussex
    That'll be me....I registered with my real name rather than my known as name

• Like Like x 1
  6. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Just a word of caution to MyRoute-app users. Or any route planner that shares routes publicly. Do not start your routes/tracks from home, or even in the vicinity. I see so many profiles with their nice shiny bikes as an avatar and their routes/tracks leads you straight to the driveway of the address where they keep their bikes. It's A bit like an Argos catalogue for bike thieves. I always start mine on a road that I will use enroute about a mile away from my house.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Likewise been using Garmin Basecamp (and Mapsource before that) for about 15+ years and find them easy and accurate to use. Each year we've planned and routed a Europe tour of about 3k miles with few problems. Putting a waypoint on wrong side of a dual carriageway being the one to look out for, but then I tend to avoid them most of the time.:)
    Tried the MyRoute app but didn't really get on with it, seems to make life more complicated needing way too many waypoints. I think the inherent problem is that it doesn't use Garmin map sets and settings. Probably better suited for Tomtom users?

8. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I've just picked up a Navigator V,which is basically a re badged Garmin 660.
    Seems to work well so far with my route app.
    I even managed to get the sat nav,headset and phone all talking to each other first time! :eek:
    Though I only use the phone for music,did try a test call but won't use that much.
    Col C You can choose to use Garmin Here with my route app,don't know if it's any better or not.
    As always it depends on what you get on with,couldn't get on with Basecamp at all.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i think with the recent update to myroute-app you can use Garmin maps,i prefer to use the standard google maps though and seems to work fine,When i first got my Garmin i installed Basecamp and spent a whole night trying to figure out how to use it, in the end i had to admit defeat:(,it seems to have a lot of good functions, but unfortunately i just couldn't get my head around it:oops: i have been experimenting a bit with putting less waypoints in myroute-app and it seems to work fine,but most of the routes I've created I've probably went overboard with the waypoints, putting them at every junction and roundabout..but i enjoy it in a weird sort of way:confused:

10. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    Hi Mr O. Please add me to this group. I requested via myroute-app also.
    Cheers

11. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Hi, sorry was going to do it last night but was busy delivering lots of puppies!!! :D
    Get on it today, promise :oops:

12. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

• Like Like x 1
  13. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Ok. I'm out and about, someone tell me which file type gives you waypoints and which doesn't on MyRoute-app?

14. GaryM

GaryM It's him, you know who. Him from you know ....

Apr 28, 2016
    Patna , Ayrshire
    gpx should transfer that info

• Like Like x 1
  15. BonnieCat

BonnieCat Crème de la Crème

Feb 20, 2016
    Netherlands
    No probs - cheers

16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    cheers, looks like with TomTom its an ITN file

17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi guy's I've now created the daily routes for my Ireland trip in July. I used garmin basecamp to create the GPX files, I hope they are useful.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 2
  18. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Had a look at your routes, I'm sure you will have a great time, a few years ago i did most of the routes you have put in, i was really lucky with the weather apart from 1 day when i stayed in Kinsale (lovely little place:)) hopefully you will have similar weather ;) i notice that you have put day 2 in twice and missed out day 1? Also on day 5 when you are doing the ROK loop you have made your starting and finish point at the same place, according to the myroute-app that can confuse the sat nav:confused:, although maybe if you had already created the route in basecamp it will be fine..just thought i would warn you just incase!

19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    We are coming up to Donegal which is our last stop before heading back to Dublin.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi Dougie it would seem I have confused you a little. The routes start with day 2 as day 1 is only from the ferry port into the hotel in Dublin, so this correct with the days and the dates flowing. You are correct on the day 5 route we are starting from the hotel and returning to the hotel on the same day (we are staying a couple of days in Killarney); I've never had any problem with this on the garmin, so hopeful all should be well. I really hope the weather is good, but if not the riding will still be a great experience and there is always the beer at the end of the day.
    Wessa

21. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

Where's that? Need to go there next time over.