Featured Triumph Forum sat nav group

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dougie D, Sep 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    not sure i always thought the recacl thing was a default setting,I'll have a look maybe I've accidentally turned it off,,think it will be due an update so i'll do that too,:) Cheers

2. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    off route recalculation was switched off!:oops:

3. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

:D:D:D:D:D
    All Hail crispey, sat nav guru:rolleyes:

4. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    The wonders of googleguru

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Since the myroute-app has been updated it is now easier to copy a friends route,just open the route up and click on +use route and it will go into your routes:)..i have noticed that unless you do this you are unable to zoom in with street view and have a proper look at your friends route

• Like Like x 3
  6. Davie_M

Davie_M Active Member

Jan 24, 2017
    Hamilton
    Can i be added to this please

7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I have a garmin 660L and use garmin basecamp for route planning on the PC. I got lifetime map updates when I bought it, so it is always up to date with the maps. Adding and removing waypoints or POI is easy and you can time wait overs at each location you visit to plan timing effectively as well. You can export and share with mates easily and transfer routes from the device to your PC or from your PC to your device. I've been using garmin for a number of years now and have had a few occassions in europe where it has gone a bit hooky, but in the main has served me well touring in Norway, Sweden, Denmark, France, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Spain, Pyrenees and here in the UK. I have planned my Ireland trip this year on basecamp and transferred the routes to my device and now can't wait for the trip to start.

I have a tomtom unit in the car. Whilst there some differences in the operating of the two in the main they both work just fine. As for preference, don't really have any both work really well.

Mr O I would like to join the group.
    Wessa

8. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    if you go onto the myroute-app web site and do a search for triumph forum i think you can apply to join (i think that's what you do?),Mr Orange set it up so it will be him that accepts..if you have any problems joining send him a PM

9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Cheers will have a go.
    Wessa

10. lucas60

lucas60 Active Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Eat Ayrshire Scotland
    I have been watching with interest and Dougie d is right when he says that I spend weeks planning routes when going abroad. The answer is to be extremely accurate in placement of waypoints etc. I found this out several years ago when I inadvertantly placed my waypoint on the seventh green instead of the golf club car park. on another incident in France I placed the waypoint on the wrong side of a dual carriagway and the sat nav kept re-routing me back to that spot. So accuracy is paramount. regards to all Lou

• Like Like x 3
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep been there and done that myself.........
    Wessa

12. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I went out on the bike yesterday and when I stopped for a cuppa a guy pulled up with one of those TomTom scooter sat nav jobs on his Varadero. Got talking to him about it, as I haven't got any further in sorting one out, and I have to say that I'm tempted.

They are £138 plus change and are basically a repeater screen for the TomTom smart phone app. Small enough to fit in a pocket but the display shows enough info and is very readable. At half the price of a 'proper' motorcycle sat nav I'm seriously thinking it might be the way to go. The TomTom app on the phone looks very comprehensive with lifetime map and speed camera updates. It seems to have all the usual route planning options including way points, POIs etc. and while it doesn't have twisty road option you can set it up so it keeps you off the major roads whenever possible.

While not the device for the big adventure or serious touring it would do nicely for me in those 'that was a great ride now where the hell am I and how do I get there from here?' situations.

It also occurs to me that running a phone charging lead from the bike into the tail pack or panniers, when fitted, would be a doddle so draining the phone battery wouldn't be a problem on longer journeys.

Does anyone else have any experience of them?

13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Registered on the myroute-app but could not find any triumph forum group; am I in the right place?
    Wessa

14. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    did you do a search?..magnifying glass top right i think, put triumph forum and it should come up..if you still have problems get in touch with Mr Orange and he can send you out an invite:)

15. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep tried that...... I will wait for Mr O to come along!
    Wessa

16. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I just did it and it worked for me

17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well now that is a bit strange, just tried again and it worked this time. Have requested to join so over to Mr O.
    Wessa

18. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    maybe it was too soon after you had joined and things were just firing up

19. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep that could be it. Still sorted now so all is well with the world,
    Wessa