Featured Triumph Forum sat nav group

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dougie D, Sep 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    Please be advised that your phone is also probably going to be updating other apps "in the background " also and that will eat into that data allowance. Potentially badly.
    That catches people out quite a lot so best to check the settings for mobile data!
    You can switch each app to off (on the crapple) and only the app you want to use can then access the data so you dont run out.
    Not sure about android but i presume that you can.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Bolosun

Bolosun Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    You can set your phone up to only update apps via wifi. The apps themselves will still use mobile data, but if the App Store or Google Play shop want to update the version of the app, it will only do it via wifi

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bikerman

Bikerman Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    This may be of use for some of you. I have posted somewhere else that Tyre 2 navigate, is up and running again.
    Without a doubt it's miles better than Basecamp. I'm using Tyre to do the routes then uploading it to Basecamp and converting it. It works a treat too. Basecamp search engine isn't much cop really, so it's good to have tyre back again.

https://tyre2navigate.com/

4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I thought myroute was tyre upgraded? Or are they different companies?

5. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Haven't got a clue, I'm no expert in these things, I just go for the easiest option :joy:

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Me too !

7. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    Just found this.

The collaboration with TyreToTravel has ended. Its owner has discontinued that business. That brought an end to the period that Tyre was offered commercially.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    I hope nothing changes with MyRouteapp! I find it perfect for planning and sending routes to satnav, and sharing routes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I spent half a day on MRA planing a route from calais up to the north of Norway then down through Finland, Latvia Estonia Poland to Prague into Germany France to calais. Only to find I’d have to be away for around a month and a half to do it :rolleyes::weary_face:

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Ha Ha i did the same thing a route around the whole of Europe,i think it was about 20,000 miles :joy: would have taken me about 6 months!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    When are you going my bestist mate:)

12. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Bloody hell crispey, you'll have to get your waypoints sorted for that trip :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    I’m waiting for an invite from my bestist mate;)

14. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else
    Subscriber

May 12, 2014
    Winchester
    Wonder how many times you would pass that cyclist? :joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member
    Subscriber

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    @crispey,,,,,,,He’s at it again my bestist mate:joy::joy:

16. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    I like maybe some of you, use Tyre2navigate. The last 2 days it's been impossible to get it up and running so I contacted them and this is the reply I received from the lady.
    This maybe of help to some of you. In the meantime I have started to use MyrouteApp as well now, that along with Basecamp, one day I'll know what I'm on about. :);)

Today I discovered that this is a problem with the most recent version, if you have many POIs and / or routes displayed as fixed parts on the map (overlays).
    I guess that is true for you.
    I'm going to work to fix it. In the meantime, you can download and use the previous version:

32 bits: https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0dw38njjjhbv9j/TyreSetup_8_31_01.exe?dl=0

64 bits: https://www.dropbox.com/s/60411mvckv2s6gi/TyreSetup_x64_8_31_01.exe?dl=0

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Until recently I have always used basecamp for route planning. But having created some routes in myrouteapp recently I have been impressed with the latest version. Creating, saving and editing routes seems to be much improved. I still use base camp but having the option on both is helpful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Bikerman

Subscriber

Oct 29, 2014
    Lincolnshire
    #438 Bikerman, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
    I can now understand Basecamp a lot better since following Easy Moto Tim, on You Tube, but as a search engine to find places Basecamp is utter rubbish, and I'm surprised that Garmin don't do a radical upgrade of it. Lets face it they now make one of the best Sat Nav's out there, in the form of the XT, but they seem to want to let people struggle on with a vastly over complicated search and planning programme.
    I think what they've tried to do is make it the best programme out there, but in the process, have made it one of the most difficult and complex things to understand and do, either that or I'm just thick. oh_well2.gif

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3
    Subscriber

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Tomtom seems to be the opposite, there planning software I find overly simplified, dont like it. Myrouteapp is absolutely superb for planning rides and wirelessly sending the route to tomtom is brilliant

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. XCaTel

XCaTel Senior Member
    Subscriber

Feb 22, 2018
    Ireland
    +1 for MyRouteApp, it is very good. Set the map for either Tom Tom or Garmin then just use a google map overlay for an easier route plan. I do use a Sat Nav for longer journeys but recently purchased their Nav software for the phone, it is excellent and dead handy to have your planned routes on your phone from MyRouteApp too.

• Agree Agree x 2