Featured Triumph Forum sat nav group

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Dougie D, Sep 28, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    Sorry that's what I meant.

2. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Yes strangely!! I also clean it with the same products I still have for SV!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    I've put this on another thread but it might be better putting it on here..
    Does anyone know how to add a point of interest? (not a waypoint) i did it last week and I'm sure i just put the curser on the route and stretched the route line to where i wanted it to go, but i tried it last night and the route line would not stretch it just wanted to add another waypoint,
    The reason i want to add points of interest is that if i change my mind and ride past it, the sat nav doesn't keep wanting to send you back to it
    edit the points of interest would be a slight detour from the created route

4. MrOrange

MrOrange Guest

So, Dougie, you created a second thread on Sat nav, and now your posting the same on both?????
    :confused::D:D:D:D

5. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    because the first thread was in the help for Garmin users and i thought as this thread is for any sat nav user i should have put it on here in the first place :confused: :rolleyes:..it's an age thing Ron it will come to you sometime :p

6. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Yesterday i tried out one of my routes i created, i was going along the esplanade in Kirkcaldy and instead of turning off i decided to go to the end of the esplanade to a burger van and get a coffee, however when i switched the sat nav back on again it seemed to get a bit confused o_O,i'm thinking unless you put a point of interest ie burger van on the route it doesn't seem to like it,also if i didn't already know the route i was taking i would have got lost coming out of Kirkcaldy..(must put more waypoints in at all junctions! ) and make sure i zoom right in when doing so, as it's easy to accidently put way point in a side street. i can now appreciate the work Lou does when he makes up routes when going abroad i coudn't understand why he spent weeks on it!
    i'm now going to go over all my routes and make sure i've done this (might take me a while :rolleyes: )

7. roadrider

roadrider First Class Member

Jul 26, 2013
    Oxon
    I had the same problem when I started doing routes. You have to be exact with it and it doesn't like it when you change things. At the end of the day it's a computer and if you tell it to drive you off a cliff, it will

• Like Like x 1
  8. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Yeah that's the bug bear, it does exactly what you tell it too. If you miss a waypoint, due to wrong placement, detour etc it will want you to go back through that waypoint before taking you to next, not sure what happens if you go through the next waypoint though, does it then catch up? All well and good if you know your route. I did discover, following a route I'd transferred to sygic, I was able to delete a missed waypoint which then put me back on track. It was a bit of a faff and I'd be buggered if I knew how I did it.

9. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    In answer to your question on myrouteapps about inserting waypoints, basically it looks like the only way yuou can do it is to drag your nearest waypoint to where you want to go and adjust the next few until it gets you back on route. Adding excess waypoints would help out.

10. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yes i remember now how to add a waypoint to a route thats already made up..you put the curser over where you want to add a waypoint then wait for the little red circle..move it slightly and click! that way it will be numbered between the two nearest waypoints and not added to the end...still looking for an answer on how to add a point of interest though

11. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    I think you have to have the cursor on your route then once the red circle appears drag it. Points of interest only seem to be their preloaded ones so it doesn't look as though you can add your own, I suppose you could add it as a waypoint and call it POI

12. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    yes that's right,i discovered that by accident last week..then forgot what i did :rolleyes: , For the POI I'm sure i did that by doing much the same as putting an extra waypoint... when the red circle appeared i held down the left mouse button and moved it and it seemed to stretch the route line to where i wanted the the point of interest,but can't seem to do that now!! o_O

13. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Iv'e just discovered how to add Points Of Interest unfortunatly you can't seem to add your own but the search POI gives you plenty of options so it covers most things :):):)

To have certain points of interest marked on your route do the following

1. Open up your route

2. Click on search POI

3. Tick as many of the options as you want

4. Zoom in on map

5. Left click on a poi on your route (it doesn’t alter your route you only go there if you want) click on the ADD sign

6. Once you do that a box will come up asking you what you want to call this and if you want it as a waypoint or a POI click POI and UNTICK Waypoint :cool::cool::cool:

14. crispey

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Aha! I thought you were after your own as in bendy road, view or burger van!!

15. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    i was !! ;) but i didn't realize the poi in the search was quite so extensive,great for marking favourite cafes, viewpoints petrol stations etc handy for anyone else using the routes too

16. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Just giving this a bump incase anyone with a sat nav wants to join our group and share/copy routes

• Like Like x 1
  17. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    • Like Like x 2
  18. DreadySteve

DreadySteve Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Bournemouth
    But Dozers Dad has the key to let you out!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dougie D

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    They have been updating a few things on myroute-app..they have given the googly man the boot, and they have a new system much the same. i don't think it's quite as good, the little box that comes up on the left of map seems bigger:confused: and it would be good if you could just get rid of it but i don't think you can. Maybe it will just take time to get used to it

Streetview is back again, and better than before!:

1. Click on the white square on the left that contains the figure; 2. The square will turn blue and the roads on which you can use streetview will also turn blue; 3. Move your mouse to a blue road or a blue circle; 4. Click on your left mouse button once; 5. You can adapt your streetview position in the big map as well as the small map on the bottom left; 6. It's possible to return using the black square on the top left by clicking on the arrow to the left; 7. Streetview can be turned off by clicking on the blue square with the figure; 8. The blue square will then turn white again. Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mr Toad

Mr Toad Senior Member

Oct 14, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    Which one to buy?

That is the question. Currently have two TomTom Sat Navs, one for each car, the one in the runabout had it's final map update so it will be retired and the replacement will be a bike GPS that will also serve in the car.

I'm not sure whether to get the TomTom or the Garmin.

So if my fellow bikers could give me the pros and cons of both to help me decide I'd be grateful.