Thruxton Triumph Brembo Brakes

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by TonyG, Jun 14, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    Do the new Bobber and T120 Brembo sliding calipers fit the Thruxton S, and are they actually really any better than the Nissins? Starting in to see some turn up on ebay and wondered if it was possible to fit them to the Thruxton.

Cheers

2. Kiwidave4

Kiwidave4 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Wellington, New Zealand
    I don't know, but for what its worth I have fitted EBC HH pads to my S. Never really had any complaints about the brakes but fitted Brembo floating discs to reduce unsprung/rotational mass when I fitted Speed Twin wheels and as I had to fit new pads went for EBC. I was only looking for improved steering -which I got - but the brakes certainly feel better too. Obviously I don't know how much is the rotors and how much the pads but a set of pads will set you back a lot less than callipers!

3. TonyG

TonyG Noble Member

Dec 1, 2016
    Bucks
    I tried Brembo sintered pads and thought there was some improvement, but now seem a bit weak to me again. I've seen the Brembo calipers for around £200 on ebay, but they are floating 2 piston calipers just like the Nissins so not sure there would be much better anyway.

I wouldn't have thought the discs themselves would make a noticeable difference.

Cheers