Triumph Bonneville 2021

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Captain black, Oct 11, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Captain black

Captain black New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    Uk
    Hi hope someone can help new to triumph.bike has only done 400 miles it now has a engine light on the code is p2801not sure what this is can anyone help or does it have to be lifted back to the dealer don't really want to ride it till I find out the code.

David

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jadorff

Jadorff Noble Member

Apr 14, 2019
    Adelaide Australia
    can't find anything on the net on that one ,except the triumph car its the netural light switch I would just reset and see if it comes on again . my bike is older and doesn't have this code no most times it just needs to be reset and all is fine

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Mate, the bike has 400 miles on it and your dealer will open in about 45 minutes. Make a brew have some breakfast then pick up the phone.....no point messing with a brand new bike, their problem not yours ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Captain black

Captain black New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    Uk
    Cheers bud just a little wazzed off as it's the second time of having problems with this brand .never had a problem with a jap bike.but in its defence would not swap it as it looks nice and rides nice when working.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Captain black

Captain black New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    Uk
    Thanks for looking bud

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Captain black

Captain black New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    Uk
    Just a up date on the Bonneville phoned the free rac triumph recovery number to get the bike picked up on Monday 5-6 hour wait (glad I wasn't at the side of the road )so asked them for a next day as dealer's would be closed by that time.Everything agreed it was a recovery. driver phoned 0745 this morning to say he was on way.asked if it was a van or lorry he wasn't a recovery just a Tec long story bike picked up by a contractor of the rac at1200. dealer's not long phoned to say the fault was a lamber sensor (O2 sensor bank 1 )top of the exhaust.cleared fault changing if fault comes up again.can only assume triumph have there own software for fault code numbers . trying to get a rail and rack for it but triumph is on back order till the end of November so I'm told has anyone else had problems buying simple accessories.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Captain black

Captain black New Member

Sep 2, 2021
    Uk
    By the way to get fault code up on Speedo display press and down I button switch on ignition.hold I button till dtc comes on display let go of button fault code will come up for 10/15 seconds.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Captain Black.
    Welcome to the family. And agree with you Jap bikes do seem more robust but not half as much fun and smiles per mile. Do hope the beastie behaves for you now so you can enjoy the ride.
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1