1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Has anyone got some experience of a triumph bench seat. I really like the look of one of these for my T120 Bonnie, and it was either one of these or a British customs Slammer.
    Someone told me that the triumph bench was not good for longer trips! Next year I did intend several trips so before I pull the trigger on one I’d really like to hear what you guys who’ve experienced them think.
    Obviously even better if you’ve tried both

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    I have the Triumph leather bench seat on my Street Twin as well as the stock seat. I find the bench to be more comfy than stock, relative of course as neither are what you would call sumptuous.

That said 6 hours in the saddle Tuesday and not a numb bum to be seen, everything else was aching mind you.

Triumph do a comfort bench I believe.

I've found an automotive upholsterer not far from the Ace Cafe (toilet) thinking I may get my stock seat recovered in tan or red leather and have a gel pad inserted in a bigger layer of foam, recon a £150 job plus the gel stuff

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. That’s interesting, i see in the range the one they call comfort seat, but that one doesn’t have the look IMO.
    It’s good that you find the bench more comfortable than the stock because it looks as if would be the other way around.
    I don’t find the stock to bad, well on the trips I did with her last year.
    Up until last year I had a GSA, and after a days riding my arse was killin me.
    So it’s just something on my mind when I’m about to drop some coin on a new seat!
    Thanks for your input

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    I've got the ribbed bench seat on my Street Twin. I did eight days solid, c1700 miles round Scotland in the pi$$ing rain last year, with rotten arthritis to boot. I recovered.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Repooh

Repooh Rarely Satisfied

Jan 5, 2018
    Stabby Town
    You recovered or you re-covered the seat

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Ha! I see the confusion. No, my @r$e recovered.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I have decided that I want a black bench seat, apparently they give a little height and that should help me fold my long legs in a bit more easily. Well actually, that's not really the reason. I went to Caffeine and Machine and caught a bit of the make it your own bug!

After kicking myself for dithering over a Triumph bench seat on eBay at £180, I am now looking for options. Seems the main contenders are;
    Triumph £250ish
    British Customs Slammer £300ish
    Crafton-atelier $300ish (Bangkok)
    Re-upholstered £150ish (based on the above post)

Makes the idea of having the seat re-upholstered very appealing. A friend of mine runs an upholstery company in Machester. Before I contact him to see if he would be interested in taking this on, and turning my stock seat into a bench seat. Are the solid structural parts of the bench seat and the stock seat the same?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Same as you, I got the make it your own bug. Just reading your options earlier the last one sounds a bit scary, I would have to see it and how it looks. I know Baak motorcycles ReUpholster in quality leather looks real good but is also real expensive.
    I kept going back and forth between the Slammer and Triumph bench. I read a post somewhere of someone having difficulty with fitment of the slammer, I don’t know why because plenty seem to have it.
    In the end I went bench!
    Last Winter I did the rear, and this coming winter the front, I’m having a dilemma in my mind as to bars. They say if in doubt do nothing. So I’ll let that one rattle around a bit. Now it’s time to ride!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Well I got restless after mucking about with the Triumph configurator and editing the picture to overlay my 2016 model white tank. I decided to take the plunge and get the black Triumph bench seat. (Along with the black headlight bezel and grill!). As suggested, the re-upholstered option is a bit of an unknown.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Post a pic when all fitted

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    20190603_121214.jpg
    Well there's the seat on, no time to put the other bits on yet, will have to work on them later. Had a quick sit on and can straight away see that although the main reason for getting the seat was for its looks, the extra height will really help me find a comfortable position for my feet when not braking or changing gear. I am 6'1" and whilst I didn't really have a problem with the standard seat, I have noticed the combination of low seat and stiff leather boots mean it is hard to hold my foot comfortably above the controls for much time.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Looks good,better than stock

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    After a lovely ride out on a balmy evening last night, I took advantage of a wet evening to fit my headlight grill and mudguard extender. I decided to remove the fly screen as well, to try it without for a bit. Really pleased with look, sky cleared so I took some pics. 20190607_204808.jpg 20190607_204714.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. Jack Tencher

Jack Tencher New Member

Aug 29, 2022
    Bothell, WA USA
    This bike looks sweet. . I just got myself a 2017 Street Twin and I think first thing i will get for it is a bench seat. I am 6.4 and it's a bit uncomfortable to seat for a long rides. . .your black seat looks great! Also wanted to check what you use for polishing metal parts like those injection covers and exhaust?

cover.PNG

16. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I have changed to a Tiger now as I was doing longer rides for work. Love the Street Twin, to me it is just a beautiful design, a nod to the Bonnie without completely hiding that it is a modern bike.

I just used regular polish on the grey, although I ended up getting most of the grey bits powder coated. I used Autosol on the exhaust as it is stainless, once had something stuck and burnt onto the header and used a bit of wood to scrape at it. The bench looks lovely but I could only go about an hour and a half on it! I ended up getting one of those Airhawk knock offs for longer rides and that helped. Here's a picture after my tinkering with the bike;
    20201108_145149.jpg

• Like Like x 1