Triumph Beaufort 2 Jacket

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by SpeedTwin1200, Jul 24, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    I've done 3-400 miles in this jacket and thought I'd share my findings. I think I would like a Belstaff Turner jacket but I haven't tried one, nor can I afford one but I like the styling. The Beaufort looks good too and I wanted leather or I might have got the textile Richa Bonneville or the Segura Gunthar.

I haven't found any reviews of the Beaufort either so maybe they haven't sold many? The first things I noticed is the lining material on the cuffs forms a sharp edge that rubs and unless you put the gloves inside are a pain. Wearing the jacket off the bike, I've wanted to find a long sleeved shirt to cover the inside of the jacket cuff.

The two inside chest pockets are fine until you can't zip them up again at the petrol station. They are in the mesh lining and there is nothing to pull against so I've had to try and use both hands or trap the liner under my arm, not good.

I can't do up the colar without being strangled so my neck must be in the wrong place. Not such a problem in the summer or a shower but I'd not be happy in heavy rain.

Apart from that, the zips and fasteners work well. The bottom 2 poppers are rubber coated. The left chest "map' pocket has magnetic tabs which work well and is good for earplugs etc. There's a zipped right chest pocket which is good. The two lower pockets have poppers which are not as secure as a zip might be and behind these is an open pocket which you can comfortably get you hands into, as can your pillion. Not surprisingly the lower pockets, especially if you put anything in them get a bit bulky in the lap/tank area.

The D3O armour, shoulders, elbow and back are ok, but the elbows are a bit loose so they could move. The shoulders are a bit late 1980's/90's and other jackets do it better.

The leather doesn't smell as it might.

So a bit disappointed and saving up for something else sometime. There is no substitute to trying stuff on in a shop and I'm not good at sending mail order stuff back. Still looks pretty good though.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    #2 Sprinter, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019

This is mine. . * * * * * 5 star.pure class, quality,and a reassuring weight ,and packed with features, step up from Belstaff and a realistic price.
    I sent back two jackets before this arrived.
    I also upgraded the back armour for 15 quid (ish)

• Like Like x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    Yeah, that's very nice Sprinter, same features as the Belstaff Tourmaster Pro and £500 less.

4. MadMrB

MadMrB Elite Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Northamptonshire, UK
    I got the Triumph Newchurch Jacket, and have been very impressed with it, nice leather, warm and very comfortable even with the armour and back protector in. And I was lucky to get it massively discounted (end of line?). My only slight criticism is the lining is not removable, but then I wear a different jacket during the summer so not much of an issue for me.

Triumph Newchurch Jacket.PNG

• Like Like x 4
  5. RuralCowboy

RuralCowboy New Member

Mar 2, 2020
    Rural Alberta
    The leather used in your jacket is Buffalo. I cleaned mine with saddle soap and it took the smell away.

6. Shaun64

Shaun64 Senior Member

Feb 23, 2020
    England
    nice honest write up cheers, I fancy the belstaff turner jacket but a £1000 for a jacket is mad, keep an eye on sportsbike shop because they sell belstaff with some good reductions but no reductions on the turner jacket as yet.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gazzatheyid

gazzatheyid Senior Member

Dec 22, 2016
    Shropshire
    Some discounts to be had on jackets from:

https://www.worldoftriumph.com/

https://triumphfactoryoutlet.com/

I like the look of the Beachley and the Bobber although one thing that disturbs me is the specs of the leather are very vague in terms of thickness and type mmmm....

Must resist already have two to try on order from FC Moto!

Beachley.JPG

Bobber.JPG

• Like Like x 3