Triumph Assist #1

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wessa, Jul 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Sandi T

Sandi T It's ride o'clock somewhere!
    Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Triumph assist service is "absolutely pants"? Translation, please, Wessa. :p I'm trying to use the context but I'm still not sure about that phrase.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    Might be worth mentioning that over here pants are under crackers... not trousers :) just to save any confusion :p

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • WTF WTF x 1
  3. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Yes, Google is my friend, @littleade. But Google's descriptions don't make me laugh like you do when you interpret British slang for me. ;):joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Saying something is pants is the opposite of saying they’re the dogs bollocks.

Even I don’t know why dog bollocks are supposed to be good. Maybe it’s a Norfolk saying?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#25 Cyborgbot, Jul 26, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2021
    Should you own an un-castrated male dog, perhaps in the name of science you could give it’s nadgers a lick and let us know your professional opinion?

I would of course have offered my services to prove or disprove the suggested source of the colloquial saying.

Unfortunately I do not own a male dog.

I just shot and burned it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    I binned my Triumph assist, the reason being on a previous new machine that broke down I waited 4 hours and almost went hypothermic one cold January stranded in the country before they came. I joined the AA afterwards and have never looked back, they give a far better service with a lot more dedicated motorcycle recovery vehicles. Also Triumph say you get a second year's recovery, however you try getting that operational you are more likely to win the lottery than get that second year. The BMW recovery scheme put the Triumph one to shame as do most of the Japanese manufacturers

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Sandi T

Subscriber

Dec 3, 2018
    Tucson Arizona
    Maybe if you were a girl dog you'd understand?? ;)

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Flashp

Flashp Noble Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hants
    Triumph Assist (RAC) left me at the roadside for over 3 hours. When they arrived they couldn't move the bike, no trailer or any room in the van. A passer-by allowed me to store the bike overnight on a nearby farm in their industrial unit. I had to pay £70 for private recovery the next day.I since discovered that the AA, in our region at least, have the means to lift and carry a bike and that's all vans. I know this as I saw a van arrive at Honda dealer with a bike very neatly loaded and went to talk to the driver. He explained that the equipment used for suspended car towing can also be configured for bikes and that they are all trained in it's use. The RAC were next to useless.

• Like Like x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  9. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Lovely!!!

• Agree Agree x 1