Triumph Assist #1

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Wessa, Jul 23, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi all, out on the Thruxton today and the gear linkage has sheared of in exactly the same place as it did on my speed twin.
    I have been on the phone waiting for an agent now for over 40 minutes. Fecking ridiculous, every 30 seconds they play a message apologising for the delay.
    Anybody else had any experience of this service.

update to follow….

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    That's a bit of a bum deal bud.
    You would think it's a safety issue really as although mine is a speed rs, I've had to tighten up all of the ball joints and linkages at least twice.
    Never on ANY other bike i've had from any manufacturer.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Bigfoot. Lol
    It's not good enough on bikes of that price. Hope they sort you out mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Nope, I could not believe it when it went. Never got through to Triumph Assist lol. Just to make things worse the RAC bless them send a recovery truck, but the guy could not load my bike cause it was not a flat bed.

I’m now waiting for another contact and hopefully the correct type of truck….

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Thanks Ade for that. Bit lucky that there is a butty shop about a 100 yards down the road, so fed and watered lol

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

Probably broke down deliberately…

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    If only.....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well guys what a day, finally got home at 17:00hs after 6hs of messing about.
    The recovery truck dropped me at home at about 15:30hs, so I jumped on the tiger and followed him into Chester. I unloaded my bike ( did not trust the recovery driver to do this) and handed it to Triumph.
    Lots of photos and debate about why it failed. It looks likely that the nut has come loose and then got stressed to breaking point. The service manager then agreed to take an assembly of a new Thruxton rs in the showroom. Left the bike with them and rode home. As I was putting the tiger in the garage the phone rang, bike was repaired. Great service from Bill Smith's, I’m collecting it in the morning.
    I will definitely be checking this every time I clean the bike in the future..

• Like Like x 6
  9. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Well I have to say the service from triumph assist was absolutely rubbish. While I was on the phone waiting for them to answer my call I logged onto the RAC web site and logged a breakdown with them using my personal RAC account. The RAC responded within 8 minutes, so I hung from triumph assist. Never did get a response from them, bloody useless.
    I hate to think what would have happened if it was an emergency situation, say on a motorway. I would complain, but all I will get is a covid excuse......

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

#10 Cyborgbot, Jul 23, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2021
    It’s great to hear you are safe.

email Mr Bloor at Triumph (email is available online if you look) and tell him that his break-down service is shit and link this thread.

I would be very surprised if he would be happy that an illustrious owner was treated so badly. I bet he’d be a bit pissed about a contracted service provider undermining The Triumph brand.

I doubt he’d donate you a new motorcycle or offer anything tangible (I could be wrong) but would reply and say ‘sorry’ very convincingly.

Also tell him that I didn’t upgrade my bike to a Tiger 900 because he didn’t stop the design team making a lopsided cyclops asymmetric bike due to its headlight design. Funny, that annoyed me so much I didn’t spend loads of cash on one of his bikes as a result. He could have had my money as easily as Apple does every time they release a new phone.

Designing stuff and dealing with fickle idiot customers must be really tough.

Allowing idiot marketing people design bikes results in stupid designs.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I like your thought process. I suspect I will get short change, but might be worth it for a laugh.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. sprintdave

sprintdave Nurse,he's out of bed again

May 25, 2014
    Birmingham
    Terrible service. I'm sure you will be thinking hard before buying Triumph again. Their reputation is based on the earlier Hinckley bikes which were over engineered, on here I see so many issues, poor quality components, rusting and tarnishing, electrical faults including tft screens failing.
    Is it me or have things got worse since the bikes have been coming from Thailand?
    Glad you're ok tho Wessa and wish you better luck on future ride outs.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Picked up my Thruxton this morning all is well again :)

• Like Like x 9
  14. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Erm, 'Triumph Assist' are the RAC. Guess the Triumph phone number goes through a different queueing system. Anyway, glad your bikes all sorted, and it's reminded me to check my gear linkage as it's a bit wobbly.

I find the bike nuts do have a habit of undoing themselves. I had a loose stearing head nut and lost and exhaust heal guard due to that in the first year. Then, probably after bad work from dealer, loose suspension linkage nut, rear wheel spindle nut and pannier rail mounting nut. The latter due to dealer reusing original airbox bolt rather than longer one that come with pannier rail kit.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  15. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    My gear lever rod mounting bolts always come loose so i've put threadlock on them. Didn't bloody work so I check (well, glance at them) every time I get the bike out for a ride. No thread, all good.
    Luckily, nothing else yet. I've put on marker paint on the steering/swingarm nuts etc so I can tell instantly if something is loose. Nothing so far, fortunately.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    Glad you got your bike back :) good to know about Triumph Assist,if i need to phone them i won't, i'll just phone the RAC!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  17. brown mouse

brown mouse Elite Member

Sep 15, 2018
    East Midlands, UK
    Thing to note is RAC (and AA) don't cover you for help after an accident, whereas I remember I got the impression from the advertising blurb that Triumph Assist does. I may be wrong though, best to check your paperwork.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I would use the RAC first to get things moving and then contact Triumph Assist if required. In my experience the Triumph assist service is absolutely pants…

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. andyc1

andyc1 Lunarville 7, Airlock 3

Feb 4, 2017
    N. Ireland
    When you trading it in? :p

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    I’m not Andy. I love the bike and to be honest there is nothing out there from any of the manufacturers that say’s buy me. So I will be sticking with the Thruxton, Tiger and Interceptor for the time being..

• Like Like x 6