1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Triumph of the king freak

Sep 4, 2021
    Wales
    Hi all, I have a 2010 Triumph America and I’ve decided to strip and renew my forks. My problem is the damper rod and it’s bolt, it seems to spin even when under load which results in the station turning and if you hold/clamp the Stanton still, the bolt and damper rod still seems to spin in place. I’ve tried stripping the forks and that just seems to give the same results. I’ve never seen this before with other forks. Any help would be much appreciated!

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi Totkf :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Triump of the king freak
    Do check carefully that you don't need a splined tool to go down the fork legs. Also usually when i release the alien bolt at the bottom of the leg i usually leave it loaded with the spring an bits intact. Welcome to the family.
    Joe.

4. Triumph of the king freak

Sep 4, 2021
    Wales
    Hi joe, I tried with the fork still intact and had the same results, they’re definitely Allen key sockets as I can turn the bolts but they never come free and the stanchions turn with the bolt unless i hold the stanchion still which is when the bolt just spins on its own

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Triumph of the king freak
    Well you got me stumped here. And there is no sort of splined or Allan key fitting inside the fork leg it self.
    Joe