Triumph 1200 Xe - Panniers And Frame

Discussion in 'Clothing & Gadgets' started by FlyingMuleRIder, Jun 9, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. FlyingMuleRIder

FlyingMuleRIder Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Montana
    I was struggling for some time on how to best configure a suitable soft pannier system with my 1200 XE given the challenges of the high exhaust.

In the end I decided on the "unit Garage" frame and ordered it off the website and it was shipped from Italy to the US. Make sure you also order the adapter plate. Good company and good customer service but plan on 4 weeks for delivery.

I then ordered the Mosko Moto 25 Liter Scout System to attach to the frames. This has been a bit of a process to say the least but in the end it is exactly what I wanted and far exceeds anything else I have found on the market for the bike. Very happy and highly recommend this configuration if you own either the XC or XE Scrambler.

Enjoy - Dave Panniers1.jpg Panniers2.jpg Panniers3.jpg Panniers4.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    Really impressed with that - nice solution

3. Carpe Diem

Carpe Diem New Member

Nov 15, 2020
    United States
    That looks solid, I installed the unit garage rear luggage rack and an happy with it so far.

Are you adventure riding with that setup or crushing pavement?

• Like Like x 1
  4. FlyingMuleRIder

FlyingMuleRIder Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Montana
    That looks solid, I installed the unit garage rear luggage rack and an happy with it so far.
    Are you adventure riding with that setup or crushing pavement?

This has turned out to be perfect. I have about 1500 miles on the bike and includes one camping trip. I have ridden the bike in gravel, mud, snow and dry dirt. My stock tires are great on the road and horrible off-road so I will be changing that soon. The bike is NOT a hard core dirt bike, but works well on dirt roads and moderate two tracks. My big plans are to ride it next summer to the Artic Ocean on the Dalton Highway !! Can't wait - I do love this bike!

5. davidridebike

davidridebike New Member

Aug 31, 2021
    portland oregon
    After WAY too much research, I went with the SW Motech Left Side Pannier plus a dry bag and Rok straps to stack stuff up. It works great for a weekend camping trip, but I'll need to add a heat shield to avoid melting another bag (amateur move but I'm glad I hadn't invested in a Wolfman or mosko bag so...). Novice mistake: I didn't take the drybag off the bike before unpacking it like an idiot.

Cost:
    SW Motech Left Pannier: $190
    SW Motech Left Pannier Mount: $106
    Osah Dry Bag 40L: $56
    Rok Straps: $16

Total: $368 USD

It's a lot of money but at least the SW Motech stuff is REALLY high quality, very impressive, and looks damn good on the Scrambler. After off-road rides it looks brand new again with a hose and some soap. The Osah dry bag is cheap and foreign but definitely does the job if you're on a budget like me.

IMG_1687.JPG

2CDFC78E-3808-420B-BDDE-E58864C6A328.JPG

7FFB2050-1574-42C4-9B69-EF1EAE0C1105.JPG

IMG_1724.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    In a few weeks we will see your bike transporting a christmas tree! :p