Triton

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by Chris Fenoulhet, Nov 8, 2015.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Chris Fenoulhet

Chris Fenoulhet New Member

Nov 8, 2015
    Kent UK
    Hi everyone I am new to the forum and hope you will welcome an old but faithful follower of the marque, I have strayed slightly away from the pure breed to fulfill my dream of many years ago when I was 16 and have recently bought a Triton, for those of you that do not know, that is a Norton featherbed frame with a Triumph engine. My frame is a 1960 slimline featherbed and my engine is a pre unit 6T with a 9 stud bonnie top end and at the moment running a Norton AMC gearbox which if I can find one hope to change for a Triumph slick shift box. I have added a couple of pics of it as it is at the moment but I am sure you will see many changes over the coming months at the moment I am doing battle with the centre stand which involves removing the primary chain cases completely to get at the worn mounting bolts

my triton.JPG

my triton.JPG1.JPG

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    hi chris welcome in, nice project

3. thebiglad

thebiglad Old fart, still riding !

Sep 25, 2013
    Central France
    Hello Chris and welcome in to the Triumph Playground - that's a VERY special bike you've got there !!!

4. stevethegoolie

stevethegoolie Elite Member

Oct 16, 2014
    East Riding of Yorkshire
    OOOHH! .... a dual racing seat with a little tool cubby hole in the hump! Had one on me Speed Twin in 1968 (or thereabouts).
    Nice bike:cool:, but do you REALLY want a slickshift box?? When I were a lad people were queueing up to chuck 'em into the local canal!! Your bike - your dream, so whatever you do, enjoy it!:):) And take no notice of me 'cos I get these voices in me head which try to lead me astray!:eek::(

5. Havit

Havit Admin
    Staff Member Subscriber

Jul 17, 2015
    Kent
    Nice bike chris, she looks well. The Tritons are a good investment, quite sort after.best of luck with her.