Tripple Rs Tyres

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by robert macdonald, Sep 21, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. splodge

splodge New Member

Aug 21, 2017
    York
    I have S22s on my 16R, they are very confidence inspiring in the dry and pretty good in the wet. I got 4500 miles from the first rear. I’ll definitely fit them again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Arno triple

Arno triple Senior Member

Aug 26, 2018
    Netherlands
    I had s22 on mine when I totaled it... not that it was tire related, but will probably fit r5’s after pirelli’s are worn ( will be before next season though... o_O)

• Like Like x 1
  3. David_RS

David_RS Well-Known Member

May 7, 2019
    Singapore
    Hi Steve - did you go for the M7RRs?

I am thinking about the same tire, mainly because I want something than can handle the broken tarmac in Malaysia, and hopefully soften the ride a little.

My only concern is that the M7RRs are an older tire, technology wise.

The Rosso Corsa II and the S22 both appeal, but I can't find out much about ride quality. Might have to try the M7s and see.

David.

4. SteveRS

SteveRS First Class Member

Jan 12, 2019
    British Columbia
    David, no I haven’t got new tires yet. Looks like the supercorsa’s will last, as I have less than a month of insurance left for this year. If it were me I wouldn’t consider the Corsa II, as it’s just below the supercorsa in their lineup. The Rosso III would be a direct comparison to the S22’s. I’ve had the Rosso III and loved it. It had great ride quality and lasted a long time. I’ve read the M7RR’s provide better grip on roads that are in poor condition, or have surface debris like rocks, sand etc.

I don’t think the M7RR’s are completely out dated. They don’t have have multi compound technology, true, but do use full silica compound up front with a mixture of silica in the rear for wet conditions and added mileage. That with the traction they are supposed to have, makes it worth a try I think. I’ll let you know what I end up with.

5. TRIPLE X

TRIPLE X Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2021
    Downham Market, Norfolk
    Very happy with the Pirelli Diablo Rosso IV now fitted to my 2019 Speed Triple 1050RS

• Useful Useful x 1