Triple Not A Trumpet

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by chuk, Jun 20, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    After much looking about and changing my mind umpteen times I had to get another triple,but went to the dark side with an mt09 tracer not everyones cup of tea in matt black but It grows on you,like my old speed triple the motor makes a great noise when wound you and clutch mega light,seems to be a tad lighter then I remember the speedy but not by much so far so good. IMG_20220620_160628_960.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Eldon

Eldon Elite Member

Nov 14, 2018
    North Yorkshire
    I rode one of the 1st MT09s and liked the engine although felt the suspension was inadequate. A member of staff said I'd taken the wrong one out as the Tracer had uprated suspension and eventually Yamaha woke up and upgraded the whole range :p

I know its early days yet but how do you find the Tracer suspension?

3. chuk

chuk Senior Member
    Subscriber

Jan 10, 2017
    neilston glasgow
    Would say it's slightly more budget than the speedy but not as harsh which I prefer tbh,not touched the settings yet and hated the huge touring screen that got removed right away,seems quite a revvy bugger but pulls well despite only really an 849cc

• Like Like x 1