Trident 660 Questions

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by Νάσος Απολλωνάτος, May 5, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. First of all I'm posting some pictures of my new baby. Accessories fitted so far are: Tank pad, engine guard, fly screen and bobbins. I may add the belly pan, but not sure yet. I was thinking of the Quick shifter, but the majority of my riding is in town with low speeds so I don't really see any point to it. All in all its an easy bike to ride and handles quite easily on the twisties as well. Bike gets a bit warm after some heavy traffic especially in the hot Greek weather.

So Questions. I would like to ask if someone in this forum knows that parts from other triumphs will fit the Trident. For example, other bar end mirrors from other models... But especially the brake and clutch lever. These two are the only things that annoy me on the bike. (so far). They are really short and the brake lever is especially cheap. For sure on the 2022-23 model Triumph will change this but I wanted to know if maybe someone here know part numbers that may fit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-pUySr0y-/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. SpeedTwin1200

SpeedTwin1200 Senior Member

Jul 21, 2019
    Hampshire
    #2 SpeedTwin1200, May 13, 2021
    Last edited: May 13, 2021
    Hello Nassos,

I have a Trident 660 on order and have looked for other bar end mirrors too as I don't like the ones Triumph offer with the bike.

I now know the bar end mirrors from the Speed Twin will fit, so I've added them to my order with the dealer, so I have the part numbers. They are expensive compared to aftermarket mirrors. See here;

He mentions the clutch and brake levers too in that video, TEC Bike Parts. I've ordered something similar from Evotech Performance.

From the rider's view, I think the round mirrors match the circular dash very well but I prefer a wider view and I know what the Speed Twin mirrors are like.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Νάσος Απολλωνάτος,
    Welcome to the family. Do hit the upload a file button bottom right corner and show of the steed to the inmates here in the asylum
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. There she is. Although some goodie’s are missing from this pic. Like radiator guard, belly pan…

D16F9015-A237-48B2-B00A-35BA27B2F6C8.jpeg

D85CF0FF-B336-48FB-A2E5-E1F10CC52F60.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  5. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Really cool looking bike!

• Like Like x 1