Traffic Light Catastrophe

Discussion in 'Speed Triple' started by Andrew Richardson, Oct 17, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Andrew Richardson

Mar 5, 2017
    Morpeth
    Halfway through a great ride out on Sunday with two mates, I pulled up at a set of traffic lights at Carlisle on our way to Lloyds Honda. After a little tomfoolery trying to hit each others kill switch I pulled a little to hard to the right........let's just say the next 5 seconds was a mix of huffing and puffing followed by a crunch and lots of swearing........I had just dropped my price and joy a 63 plate Speed Triple in white

So now I need the following parts to get my baby back to her pristine condition

Mirror
    Indicator
    Bottom fairing

Antony from Lloyd Honda gave me a replacement brake lever

So let's just say no more tomfoolery at whilst stationary

Anyone got any of the above parts available can you please get in touch

Thanks, a very sad biker

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. TEZ 217

TEZ 217 Crème de la Crème

Mar 6, 2016
    south shields
    Sorry to hear this Andy, as you say lesson learned I reckon, it happens to the best of us hope you get sorted,:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Yep playing around on bikes usually does end in grief.... Hope you get sorted quickly.
    Wessa

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    Oh I think we've all done that one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Col_C

Col_C I can't re...Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Cornwall
    Yep, all been there one way or another. Once dropped SWMBO's bike in the garage when I was 3mtrs away with my back to it......
    Just heard the sickening crash,..... as you say followed by lots of swearing..... (side stand wasn't fully kicked out).
    SWMBO wasn't too pleased either! :confounded:.....told her "wasn't me, I was no where near it" :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
  6. steve lovatt

steve lovatt Something else

May 12, 2014
    North Yorkshire
    Ouch! Managed to drop the Tiger once without the Tomfoolery!:mad::mad:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Andrew Richardson

Mar 5, 2017
    Morpeth
    Hi, probably just keep an eye out on evilbay for replacement parts, if all else fails a nice new sticker to cover the injury....:(

8. Andrew Richardson

Mar 5, 2017
    Morpeth
    Couldn't believe it, been riding for over 30 years and never happened before, dented pride and so frustrated....:confused: