Trade In My Bobber

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by BZFMIII`, May 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. BZFMIII`

BZFMIII` Member

Mar 25, 2020
    London
    Hi All, looking for advice
    I have a 2020 Bobber black, just over 100 miles on it. I was thinking about P/X ing for the 2021 Bobber.
    The main reasons are the bigger tank and Euro 5.

But I do think I may be doing this for the wrong reasons, (shiney,new, want it, etc)

I've never P/X before so would be grateful of anyones recent experiences before I speak to the dealer

TIA

2. BZFMIII`

BZFMIII` Member

Mar 25, 2020
    London
    The Tank is solely range -
    I've been asked to go on group rides and There's one I'd do to go to Belgium so that's where I thought the Euro5 may have an impact

I'll jump on the website now thanks

3. Ducatitotriumph

Ducatitotriumph Crème de la Crème

Apr 25, 2019
    Rothwell
    The style of the bobber doesn’t really lend itself to a touring type bike imo?
    I can understand the fuel range being on the smaller side as a bigger tank would obviously be nice but the financial hit is going to be big for an extra litre or two.....
    I'd stick with what you have.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    With any of the trips I've done aboard on bike the Euro number has never been an issue.

I think you'll lose a wedge of cash changing your bike just for a litre or two of fuel.

As D2T, I'd stick with your old bike and enjoy the ride:sun:

• Like Like x 3
  5. BZFMIII`

BZFMIII` Member

Mar 25, 2020
    London
    Thanks All
    Other than the totally legitimate but expensive 'shiny, want it' approach I'll stick with what I have

Cheers again!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Euro5 is not a factor for travelling at all, if that were the case then 95% of all vehicles in the UK would be ineligible to travel abroad so then you are only looking at tank capacity. I get going from 9 L to 12 L might be attractive but is it thousands of pounds worth of attractive......only you can answer that one mate ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1