Track day with trackbike hire

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Vladthetodge, May 2, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Vladthetodge

Vladthetodge Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Good day peeps!
    So, I'm thinking now doris is working well, and I'm getting a twitchy right wrist, that a trackway may be in order this year(my first).
    I've seen track bike hire pop up on Facebook and wondered if anyone has been there, or knows anything about them?
    For 310 you get a bike and track time. Obviously there's indemnity to pay etc if you throw the bike down craner curves but, nit a bad price to play without a good chance of throwing your pride and joy down the track!

Also thoughts on other track day events would be cool, as I'd like to open a 600 up properly a bit....
    Cheers all! Happy mayday!

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

Hi mate
    Did a track day at Knockhill many moons ago
    Aprilia v twin thou
    Brilliant it was and would thoroughly recommend it
    It was a birthday present

• Like Like x 2
  3. Vladthetodge

Vladthetodge Member

Apr 27, 2016
    Sheffield
    Jeez, I'm old enough to remember watching Ron on the jps Norton special back in the day! A legend!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Dougie D

Dougie D Crème de la Crème

Jan 30, 2016
    Blairgowrie Perthshire
    His son Leon who is a bit of a veteran racer now:eek:;) is doing well back in British Superbikes this year

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    You know what they say about craner curves don't you? There are those who have crashed at craner and those who are about to crash at craner and having ridden at Donington I can see what they mean. You can get a serious amount of speed on from Redgate through Holly Wood then you arrive at craner with the left side of the tyre cooler than you'd like cos it hasn't seen much action for most of the lap. Having said that, if you go sensible it's great fun, and no one binned it on the track day I did. What about a road bike only track day like Bike magazine run, that's how I did my first one at Cadwell. Go in the novice group, listen to what the instructors say and if you go on your road bike leave the mirrors folded out and have a quick glance in em from time to time, there are some "heroes" who like to go in a slower group so they look good passing everyone, sometimes in very inappropriate places.

• Useful Useful x 1