Top Boxes For Street Twin

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by RobbieB, Apr 13, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. RobbieB

RobbieB New Member

Apr 13, 2021
    Broxbourne, Hertforfdshie
    Hello I am a newbie, currently riding a Honda NC 750X DCT. I am plannint to change to a 2021 Bonieville Street Twin soon. I would appreciate advice on Top Box fittments & carriers - Givi, Kappa,Triumph. I feel the one offered by Triumph ia a bit too small for my needs, ideally 40 Litres would be good.
    Thanks Fellahs.....Robbie.B.

2. Sir Trev

Sir Trev Senior Member

May 27, 2017
    Buckinghamshire
    I added a v46 to my T100 using a Trumpet rack. Looked so wrong - way too big for a bike of that size. Now have an E340 instead. Monolock instead of Monokey so a lot lighter but more in proportion which is the same issue you'll have with a Street Twin.

If you go for a Trumpet rack get the one without the grabrail so the mounting plate and box do not sit so far back from the rear of the seat. Again, it looks better.

Good luck with the new bike.

3. RobbieB

RobbieB New Member

Apr 13, 2021
    Hello Sir Trev, thanks for your reply - I agree with your comment about V46, I have a Honda 45 litre box on my NC, but it is really too big. I have been looking (online) at Givi & Kappa the Kappa K400 looks to be the best for me and the biggest I want to go. Good tip about the Triumph rack grab rail - Thanks

4. Gyp

Gyp Well-Known Member

May 13, 2020
    United Kingdom
    The triumph mounting kit (A9758308 - black or A9758309 - graphite) is a rack with a Givi Monolock fitment, so you could fit any Givi Monolock (or compatible) box to that. Anything from 27 to 47 litres.

The new E43 might work nicely on a Street Twin.

Triumph had the graphite ones on clearance at £39.50 a while back and I bought a couple to cut up as part of the luggage solution for my Street Scrambler, so you might be able to pick up a bargain.

5. RobbieB

RobbieB New Member

Apr 13, 2021
    Thanks Gyp, very useful....robbie