Toothache!!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Tricky-Dicky, Sep 18, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Seems i am plagued with this had a couple out last year because of persistent ache and ended up with a dry socket ...bloody painful and now for the last six months on and off i have been having trouble with a wisdom tooth that apparently buried deep in my jaw at an odd angle been having courses of antibiotics which stop it for a while and then it comes back...had pain for the last two weeks and been swallowing cocodamol which helps.
    Got to see the dentist on Tuesday and did another x ray and it hasn't moved but what nobody told me before is the reason its giving me so much problems is because its pushing against the main nerve that runs in the jawbone...got a referral to the hospital now but who knows how long it will take before i can get anything done and then i think it will be a proper operation due to the location and may need a plate in the jaw....not a happy bunny.:(

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Guest

:confounded:Ouch
    Good luck mate :confused:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Steve 998cc

Steve 998cc Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2019
    leicestershire
    Nothing worse then tooth ache. Broke my right femur in 3 places pain was not half as bad as tooth ache.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bad Billy

Bad Billy Baddest Member

Jun 1, 2017
    Southern Softyville
    I have empathy with you mate, had a wisdom tooth pulled yesterday, had been playing up for months but couldn't get an appointment because the dental practice that I used was shut, then when they reopened they told me because I hadn't been for a year they had taken me off their patient list FFS! :mad:
    Eventually got an emergency appointment through 111 & they pulled the pesky thing, so no toothache :party: but it feels like Mike Tyson landed me with a right hook! :eek:

• Like Like x 3
  5. alfie

alfie Getting older but still going for it
    Subscriber

Jan 27, 2018
    Bath, Zumerset
    As old farts we all appear to be falling apart as we get older.

Alfie

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Wattie

Wattie Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2020
    UK
    Bummer. Hope it gets sorted soon.
    I had a similar issue, luckily the dental hospital was able to get the root out by removing some bone and didn't need any extra work, except I ended up with a stitch abscess, oh yeah and those dissolvable stitches should be done under the trade descriptions act! In the end the long lasting relief was worth the short term stress.....

• Like Like x 2
  7. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    I'd rather have another brain surgery than another tooth ache. I hope you get it sorted out quickly, Tricky.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  8. Tricky-Dicky

Tricky-Dicky Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2016
    Norfolk UK
    Its a weird sort of pain sometimes its a normal toothache sort of pain and others its like a bad headache with pain going into my neck and chest guess its all down to the nerve cocodamol helps but that doesn't do me any favors either...rock and a hard place at the moment....seems bloody awkward sums me up at the moment....

Having arthritis you kind of get used to a certain amount of pain but just lately i have took on a extra bit of gardening for a bit of extra pocket money so only do 2 hours a day for three days but I seem to hurt for the rest of the day and it takes me the weekend to feel almost normal again with two days before it all starts again....and to think i once worked 10-12 hour days doing physical work...maybe that's why.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. JtC

JtC Elite Member

Apr 20, 2020
    New Mexico
    Exactly -the other pain that comes with a toothache.

When I get a toothache it feels like someone is tightening a band with steel spikes in it around my head vertically. I am NOT pleasant to be around when that happens, thankfully that's rarely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Judd Dredd

Judd Dredd Giver of Drugs, Vaccines and Hard Truths

Jan 13, 2019
    here and there
    #10 Judd Dredd, Sep 22, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2021

• Funny Funny x 2