Tom Tom

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by joe mc donald, Mar 30, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    I got a question about my tom tom. I believe it is a rider 3 I purchased it in 2006. I tried the other day to get a Bluetooth headset for it and went to J & S accessories store. They said my sat nave is to old and they don't stock anything compatible for it. Buy they did say you can still find head sets for them just have to shop around. I have checked but firstly I don't know what I am looking for and secondly I am pretty useless at this sort of contraption. The few times I used it in the past it talked to my Caberg helmet that has now gone to the big helmet store in the sky. And my boy used to set it up for me.
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Hi Joe,

That sounds a strange statement from the j and s guys. I would have thought any Bluetooth device should talk to your Tom Tom. Bluetooth devices just need pairing to talk to each other.
    You could spend a few quid for some Bluetooth ear buds or earphones, etc. Or spend a lot on the sophisticated devices that couple up to any helmet and allow comms as well.

If you don't use it very often I would think just a Bluetooth dongle attached to some ear buds would do you nicely. I'm sorry I don't know how to do links to suggest any. Hopefully someone more savvy will pop a link on here for you.

If you have any specific questions, just shout out mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    You will find that some Bluetooth devices aren’t compatible, hence a scala might not link to a senna. My bike tomtom will pair with my scala q3 but my car one won’t but they both pair to my phone!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

I think it's time for an upgrade Joe, a 13 year old Tom Tom is a bit antiquated now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    Thanks peeps. I think the j&s peeps just wanted me to purchase another satnav. But this one I've used maybe two times and then not very well. My boy used to set it to my helmet ear piece. But if I stopped it would lose the connection and I could never get it going again. And I want to just play with this a while and if I can get savvy then I will upgrade. But waste of money if I can't use it. Dozers Dad. Thanks and don't worry to much. I think I am getting an better point of view looking and listening to what you peeps are telling me..
    Regards
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2