To Flyscreen And Belly Pan, Or Not To Flyscreen And Bellypan

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by StriplerPete, Mar 13, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. StriplerPete

StriplerPete New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Sydney
    G'day all

Hoping for your opinion on something.

I've got a '14 Street Triple R... which does not have a flyscreen or bellypan. Didn't really think much of them when I bought the bike, but....

I've slowly come around to them. In fact, I think I really like the look of them, compared to without.

So, apart from the aesthetics, is there any real value for having them? I use the bike as a commuter, so am not getting much over 60km/h most days.

Is it worth the trouble/money?

2. Par-Archer

Par-Archer New Member

May 31, 2018
    Olympia, WA
    I don’t think you’ll notice the fly screen unless you get tucked in and the belly pan may help with cooling. But, it will definitely look hella fresh!
    Do it!

• Like Like x 1
  3. StriplerPete

StriplerPete New Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Sydney
    Thanks Par-Archer. Didn't think about the cooling aspect for the belly pan. But definitely agree that it'll look fresh!

4. Artemij

Artemij Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2019
    Tockwith
    I got my speed tripple R a week ago and had few rides now with belly pan and flyscreen already fitted.
    I had a sport bike before and newer riden a naked one, but after coule of rides above speed limits I started to think that windscreen might be a good ideal for a bike, at least it helps to battle the wind on heigh speeds and stops ripping a head off
    Sorry for such a long intro, but yes, any speeds below 60mph doesn’t need flyscreen :)

• Like Like x 2