Featured Time To Call It A Day

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by bob1, Jun 5, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Uncorrugated

Uncorrugated Senior Member

May 25, 2017
    Northamptonshire
    I've had sports bikes and sports tourers over the years (and lots of smallish nakeds too) and currently have a Daytona 955i, but bought one of those new fangled adventure bikes to commute on (150 miles a day). I thought it would slow me down a bit.

But I was wrong. It's quick, but quick in an easy unassuming way, but I only realised this on a favourite bit of road that I thought I was really riding very quickly on the Daytona. Then I looked at the speedo and realised I'm about 10mph quicker on the Exploder.....

I'm another old git by the way. Still 62 for another 3 weeks.....

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Mindergaz

Mindergaz Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Castleford west yorkshire
    I did same as everyone else got rid of my hyabusa at 50 and moved onto more sedate bikes now have my T120 and have had it nearly 3 years and enjoy the ride with no idiots goading me from behind
    I also see a lot more of the lovely places I ride through

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jeffrey Conlon

Apr 4, 2018
    Wakefield
    I don’t think you had to punish yourself that much ???
    By the way, that’s my steady bike, steady down the country lanesyou see a lot more and chill out !

670D1141-667C-4E6D-9316-2B1A4D4C5D93.jpeg

• Like Like x 16
  4. Tigcraft

Tigcraft Unheard of Member

Mar 29, 2014
    Holmfirth West Yorkshire
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. curly

curly Noble Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Burton Upon Trent
    Beautiful!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jeffrey Conlon

Apr 4, 2018
    Wakefield
    Thanks Curly

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jeffrey Conlon

Apr 4, 2018
    Wakefield
    Thanks Tigcraft, I’ve spent a bit of time getting it where I don’t want to do anymore to it as not to spoil it

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. DCS222

DCS222 Guest

Sports bikes too fast??? Too uncomfortable???

Pussy!!!
    Pussy don’t like being sat in the jet stream on a postage having her spine jackhammered by the shocking state of the roads! Pussy’s seat will be damper on a more comfortable bike which just gives the impression of speed (she’ll never know)... good boy, pussy happy!!!
    ;)

(Wanders off to drink half a mild and read the Misogynist Times”) :laughing:

• Funny Funny x 5
  9. neilb

neilb Active Member

Oct 8, 2019
    Billericay, Essex
    Hey Bob1, I too have given up on sportsbikes, having sold my lovely Fireblade three years back at age 64. The wrists and back just couldn’t take it any more. Now I’m far more comfortable on my Multistrada and my newly acquired Speed Triple R, which I’m absolutely loving.

• Like Like x 2
  10. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Why not have the best of both worlds? Sold my '99 FireBlade (because it was too easy to go too fast) and bought a Honda RVF400 NC35. A fantastic handling sports bike that's not powerful enough to get you into trouble (you'd have to try really hard, unlike the FireBlade). Then got the Street Twin for those 'take it easy' days. Also couldn't resist a CBR400 NC29 that came along, which is probably a bit more practical than the '35 for you taller chaps.

You can pick up a decent NC29 for around £2500. Cheap(ish) to insure. As long as you look after it you'll get your money back when you sell it.
    I'm 63 and unlike some of you I don't have aches and pains and unless there was a good reason it would worry me if I did. When I'm 73 maybe :grinning:
    So it's 2 sports bikes and the ST. Guess which one gets used more often?

• Like Like x 3
  11. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Thought I'd show you 'retired' sports bike lovers what you're missing ;)

RVF400 Insurance photos - 1 of 1.jpg

CBR400RR NC29 - 1 of 1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  12. beerkat

beerkat Senior Member

Aug 14, 2019
    Cheshire UK
    Oh, and the one that gets used most often :cool:

Triumph Forum pics Sept 2019 - 1 of 1 (1).jpg

• Like Like x 7