Tigersport 1050 Feels Down On Power

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Goodygixxer, Jun 1, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Goodygixxer

Goodygixxer Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Southsea
    #1 Goodygixxer, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Hi Folks,

I have just completed my 24k service on my 2016 Tigersport 1050 and taken it out for a spin but it feels to be lacking that lovely turbo like midrange boost in 3-4 gear that i seem to remember before.

I have changed all 6 exhaust valve shims as they were quite tight (0.18mm clearance )(got 0.23mm clearance now, recommended 0.20-0.30mm) so can't be that.

I have fitted new CR8EIX-9 Iridium plugs (or possibly CR8EIA-9, can't quite remember!)

I also changed the standard air filter for a Pipercross performance item. This is the only thing i could think might be the issue but i wouldn't have thought the effect would be so dramatic. Has anyone else experienced any problems with performance filters?

The only other thing i can think of is that it might be because the weather is so hot atm so it's drawing in warm air??

The bike is also fitted with a Red Scorpion exhaust without baffle.

Cheers Stu

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    An over oiled filter will reduce airflow. I hesitate to suggest valve timing. Does it start easily enough? Memory and backside dyno are unreliable evidence!

3. Goodygixxer

Goodygixxer Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Southsea
    The filter was already pre-oiled so can only assume it was done correctly. The valve timing was ok I believe, I had to remove cams but made sure the lines on camshaft ends were facing inwards towards each other. The bike starts after cranking for a few seconds so not perfect but it was also like that before.

4. Goodygixxer

Goodygixxer Member

Apr 23, 2020
    Southsea
    I think I've found the problem......i had got the two breather hoses on the tank the wrong way round!!

• Like Like x 3