Tiger 955 Shock Absorber Needle Bearings....where To Find?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Fox889, Nov 29, 2019.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Fox889

Fox889 New Member

Only just joined & would appreciate someone's help please.
    2001 Tiger 955i 83k 1 previous owner & very well used, but overall, not that bad!
    I'm now going through the whole bike getting it up to respectability, first question is.....the bottom shock absorber needle bearing & bush are totally 'knackered' apart from genuine Triumph can anyone send me in the right direction for the bearing and/what part number/size?

Much appreciated.

2. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Gladtobebackontwowheels

Nov 23, 2019
    Dover. UK
    You used to be able to put the bearings you wanted into your basket at World of Triumph and it would give the dimensions but I think they've stopped that now. Not sure if other places do the same. Once you've got the dimensions you can get replacements from Simply Bearings.

• Like Like x 1
  4. freck

freck Elite Member

May 4, 2017
    Preston, Lancs, UK
  5. Fox889

Fox889 New Member

Thanks, half the problem is that the lower shock needle bearing............isn't!
    The needles have long gone & the cage was rusted to the shock! The bush was well rusted but hopefully salvageable seeing as it's 'no longer available'. Strange because everything else that's been undone has a liberal coating of grease. He's had that part apart because he's put a non standard cheapo nut'n'bolt in yet surprisingly there was no play!
    I did see that kit from Triumphparts [unsure why there are 2 seals?] & I've ordered a 17x24x25 needle bearing.

Thanks for all your help.

6. t552

t552 Senior Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Bristol UK
    you MUST use full compliment bearigs i.e. the rollers are next to one another. Caged bearing have only 1/2 the load capacity of full compliment. Some sellers only provide caged bearing for cheapness, these are NOT fit for purpose. buy carefully. the bearing type at the top linked by callumity is full compliment.

7. Fox889

Fox889 New Member

That's interesting, I shall bear that in mind thank you kindly.

8. Fox889

Fox889 New Member

• Like Like x 2
  9. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Hi Fox889, and welcome in :cool::cool:

10. lammy57

lammy57 New Member

Mar 22, 2020
    west lothian
    hi i am looking for part no t2057965 for tiger 995i its the bearing sleeve now obsolete sorry to hijack the thread

11. Helmut Visor

Helmut Visor Only dead fish go with the flow
    Subscriber

Oct 3, 2018
    Three Counties
    Instead of hijacking another thread and apologising, why not just start your own :rolleyes::rolleyes: and maybe some sort of intro too ;);)

12. Callumity

Callumity Elite Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Nr Biggar
    Measure the old one or the hole it fills and the outside diameter of the bearing. It will be something an engineering machine shop can cut off or turn down.