Tiger 900 Gt Pro Front Suspension

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by learningtofly, Sep 20, 2021.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Just looking for a bit of advice here, having done about 800 miles on the Tiger since acquiring it. It's a lovely ride for sure, but one thing I've noticed is that, under hard breaking, the forks have a tendency to dive a bit and then give me quite a bounce when they decompress. It's far more noticeable than on any of my Street Triple, R9T and Thruxton, and it can be slightly disconcerting.

I'm not really sure if this is a characteristic of the set-up of adventure bikes compared to other genres, or whether I should probably try to adjust the rebound a bit. For info, I'm relatively light at about 160 lbs plus gear, so I'm not exactly putting the forks under undue pressure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    This is interesting, I have been watching tons of reviews about the 900 range and there are a few fairly downplayed comments about the tendency to dive under braking. It wasn't clear on the video if it was front brake only, does using the back brake and front together balance the bike at all?

Interested to follow this thread, I have deposit down on an 850 so will pay attention when the test bike is available, unfortunately it is a 900 but hopefully close enough in character.

3. andypandy

andypandy Crème de la Crème

Jan 10, 2016
    Shaw
    Perhaps a set of progressive springs may be the answer at some stage ?

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I don't think I've noticed a difference when the back brake is applied too (and I did have to implement an emergency stop over the weekend, when I used both brakes). From what I can tell, it happens under hard braking pretty consistently.

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. Hubaxe

Hubaxe Good moaning! aka Mr Wordsalad :)

Mar 25, 2020
    Aix Les bains - French Alps
    Next fork flush, ask for higher viscosity 10 => 15
    Trail have softer suspensions. As the rear suspension has also higher course, breaking will raise up rear and accentuate the mass transfer to the front.
    For road use, it's common to put heavier fork oil.
    If oil is not enough, as Andypandy suggest, new springs.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. learningtofly

Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    Got you, thanks :)