Tiger Sport Tiger 900 Gt Pro: Early Impressions

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Dgman2, Nov 25, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Dgman2

Dgman2 New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Hammond, La. USA
    #1 Dgman2, Nov 25, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2022
    Went for a ride yesterday.
    Lol…. Just noticed my edit tool, but already finished this post by typing a reply to my own first sentence.
    I’ll do better next time.

2. Dgman2

Dgman2 New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Hammond, La. USA
    I’m having trouble using this forum, so my apologies for my errors with the process.
    As I was trying to say,…I went for a ride yesterday. My wife on her Rebel 1100 DCT and I was on the new Tiger 900 GT Pro.
    The tiger is a very nice ride… handles well, spunky engine, and comfortable. My gas consumption was about 42.5 MPG going about 70 MPH for about 70% of the ride and 45 to 55 MPH for the rest. The trip was about 210 miles.
    The speedometer is about 5 MPH off, and I have some irritation with that, because it seems to me that it should not be much of a problem for Triumph to get it right. All my other bikes, so far, are and have been accurate. My handlebar, I’ve noticed, is slightly off in relation to my front fork… minimally so, but still an irritant to me.
    The dashboard will take me some time to read up on, because I had some trouble navigating through my options and actually making adjustments. I’m sure I’ll master that once I actually take the time to learn how to use it.
    Overall though, it was refreshing to ride a bike lighter than my Goldwing and I must confess that it was nice to do my slow maneuvering with a clutch again. It was also nice to ride all the way up to the tents in the woods where my friends were camping. This would not have been reasonably feasible on my Goldwing DCT . So, so far I’m mostly satisfied with my purchase. Time will tell if that will get even better; I’m thinking that it will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Markus

Markus Crème de la Crème
    Subscriber

Oct 28, 2020
    AUSTRIA
    Take your time to read the manual. Ther soome hidde hints in it. ;)
    BUT: Spend even more time to ride your bike! :p

4. Dgman2

Dgman2 New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Hammond, La. USA
  5. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I had the same (presumably) issue with misaligned bars… not quite sure what the actual cause was given that the top yolk dictates the angle so they must have been true to the forks…very irritating that they didn’t get something that needed care right, though.

6. Dgman2

Dgman2 New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Hammond, La. USA
    Not sure what to think of it. Mine is minor, but still irritates me to have anything on my vehicles to be asymmetrical. My son owned a few Britt bikes and tells me that such things are common with these bikes. They don’t seem to be sticklers when it comes to precision with such issues. He says they build bikes with character, but are not into perfection to the extent that the Japanese brands are. Even my dash was not aligned properly. Oh well, maybe it will be wonderful as far as durability goes…. I hope so.

7. learningtofly

learningtofly He’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy!
    Subscriber

Sep 25, 2018
    Hertfordshire
    I guess it could be a torquing issue, so checking that might help. I also think they may be less than perfectly diligent when lining up the dash, which doesn’t help. In fact, I felt that could actually be the cause.

Had I kept my bike for longer I’d definitely have had it resolved, as it was bugging me a bit in the end.

8. Dgman2

Dgman2 New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Hammond, La. USA
    I’m eager to get some more seat time so I can decide if this is a keeper, but so far I like the bike. It has been raining a lot lately so I didn’t ride as much as I would like.I have my 2021 Goldwing DCT for sale now.

9. Stuart 1

Stuart 1 Member

Dec 5, 2021
    Stoke On trent
    I'm sure you'll grow to love it....I've had my gtpro 12 months now and done 8000 miles, but its a great bike, still waiting for a software update to rectify an issue but don't think there's much hope I have no faith in dealers. I had a few marks on it after picking it up. When I did a European trip I got around 60+ mpg....enjoy

10. Dgman2

Dgman2 New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Hammond, La. USA
    Thanks for the info…. I already love it, but just making sure I’ll love it enough to start buying expensive Accessories for it…

• Like Like x 1
  11. OttoMatic

OttoMatic New Member

Feb 23, 2021
    Kentucky
    My speedometer is off 2~3 MPH. It reads on the high side. Annoying as well.

12. Dgman2

Dgman2 New Member

Nov 20, 2022
    Hammond, La. USA
    Goldwing is sold. Still trying to figure out if the tiger is going to be a long term keeper. I’m not pleased with the shift assist. The upshift are not smooth like I think they should be. Upshiting goes with a surge into the next gear. The surge is significant enough to have helmets bumping if I have a passenger. Dealer says this is normal and not adjustable.
    I know that it’s not normal, because my son’s GT pro shifts smoothly. I also know that the one beemer I test rode and my brother’s Yamaha don’t shift like that. They are smooth also.