Tiger 800 Tiger 900 - 2 Up?

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by MissoulaMike, Sep 5, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. MissoulaMike

MissoulaMike New Member

Sep 5, 2020
    Missoula MT USA
    Currently riding a 2007 VStrom 1000. Has worked well, when Occasionally needed, for two-up plus gear on mostly paved, occasional dirt/gravel roads. Any input on how the 900 is for such riding? It’s time to upgrade. Am eyeing a good deal on a Honda VFR 1200x which I know would easily handle two up but it weighs a fair bit more than my Suzuki. Thanks for any input!!

2. Tiglet

Tiglet Vintage Member

Mar 28, 2016
    Cheshire
    Hello Mike and welcome to the forum :)

Will the Honda VFR be a new machine,,,,just to let you know I was told by a Honda dealer(friend) that Honda are ceasing production of all of their V bike engined machines.

Could be some bargains to be had as dealers clear there stock in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MissoulaMike

MissoulaMike New Member

Sep 5, 2020
    Missoula MT USA
    Tiglet - thanks for your speedy response and helpful info! It would be a 2017 with 0 miles. Out the door 11K price if I go that route. But the 900 is tempting, though certainly more expensive...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Hi and welcome, there are a few with the new 900, so you should get answer soon.

5. MissoulaMike

MissoulaMike New Member

Sep 5, 2020
    Missoula MT USA
    You folks are awesome - thank you from Montana! Am overdue (thanks to COVID) for my every other year visit to friends n family in the Wrexham and Newmiller Dam areas. Looks like you split the difference between! Missing my home away from home. Cheers!

• Like Like x 2