Tiger Sport Tiger 850 Display

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by calum, Feb 4, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. calum

calum New Member

Feb 23, 2021
    york
    Just bought a tiger 850 and noticed when the display is in option4 and dark mode the trip1 says distance in klm not mls but checking it with trip2 it is actually measuring miles not kilometers. Also when its in bright mode it cchanges to miles! Just wondered if some one could check there's. I will mention it at the first service but that could be a couple of months away

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. DamonYVR

DamonYVR Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Vancouver BC Canada
    That is a funny one. I'll check mine and report back. Sounds like a funny software thing and I'm sure it would be easy to clear up. Unless it is a feature that no one ever found before!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    I have heard 'something' about miles/km issues and if it is the same then it was part of a software update.

I really wish there was a basic/simple option for the display that put ergonomics front and center ahead of fancy design. Despite that I am starting to settle on option 1 as it seems to work best. In fairness the running in / settable colour change at given revs is quite good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Older'nWiser

Older'nWiser New Member

Jan 12, 2022
    Knoxville
    My U.S. spec 850 isn't supposed to have auto dimming according to the manual. However it is there. It is waaay too sensitive to be useful. If you are on auto, riding from sunshine through a shadow will get it to flip to dark mode in an instant. Once back in the sunshine it takes forever to switch back to bright mode. Honestly, I'd rather keep it in dark mode as I find it easier on the eyes. Anyone else notice this?

5. Notso

Notso Senior Member

Dec 17, 2018
    Solihull
    Not had exactly the same issue, but I have only owned the bike in a British winter... It is odd and not ideal that the display on the 850 lets you lock light mode but not dark mode.

6. calum

calum New Member

Feb 23, 2021
    york
    Yes I would prefer it on dark mode were is the sensor could it be taped over

7. calum

calum New Member

Feb 23, 2021
    york
    just checked with some other owners and they all show KM not miles. must be a software glitch but as you cant lock it in dark mode I'm not bothered as I seldom ride at night