Tiger 800 Tiger 800

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Kenbro, Apr 6, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hi,
    Does anyone know if the ‘Low Seat’ (760mm) option is/was available for a 2012 Tiger 800?
    Thanks, Ken.

2. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
  3. Samsgrandad

Samsgrandad Senior Member

Dec 15, 2019
    Somerset
    Do you mean the Tiger 800 Low? Which was the model fitted with lower suspension and a specific model, if so no, it was not available until the first revision of the 800 Tiger range in about 2015 or 2016.

4. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    First off, thanks to crispey, I looked at your link, but it didn’t answer my question.

samsgrandad,
    I think you have given me the info I was looking for. :).
    The model I looked at, a 2012, one owner Tiger 800 is just that, the regular model.
    It is rather high mileage with full dealer service history and I thought it would make ideal winter hack.
    After looking on other forums it seems some people couldn’t see any difference in the height on the regular model and one with a lowered seat, which was supposed to be 20mm at that (2012) time.
    I don’t want to buy a “Bargain” and then spend ££££££ on modifying the suspension or seat, so I will pass on this one.
    Thanks again for replies, Ken.

• Like Like x 1
  5. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    @Kenbro
    Sorry m8 thought you were asking if they did a low seat for a 2012 tiger

First off, thanks to crispey, I at your link, but it didn’t answer my question.

So I posted you the link to a low seat on the Triumph parts list for tigers of that era.
    Well it gave you something to do for 5 mins so wasn’t a total waste of time!:p
    You can get a suspension lowering kit for that model as well but I’ll let you look it up.

6. Kenbro

Kenbro Noble Member

Jul 9, 2019
    Manchester, UK
    Hi crispey,
    Yes, your link was helpful, but what I really wanted was confirmation I could achieve a seat height (Like the new Tiger 800) of 760 mil. without reverting to the use of suspension lowering kits.
    As I said, the idea is now in the out tray, next stop the bin.
    Thanks again,Ken.

• Like Like x 2