Tiger 800 Purchase And 'mileage'

Discussion in 'Triumph General Discussion' started by SaCalobra, Jun 17, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. SaCalobra

SaCalobra New Member

Jun 17, 2022
    Manchester
    Hello, I'm new.

This will be my second ever bike. I passed my mod1/2 in April and bought a 18,000miler 17 plate SV650. Lovely bike bit too small physically and its too naked for motorways.. plus I have the itch for a new bike.

I've seen two, a 2016 13,000miles and a dealer 2018 17,600miler. There's a 1400 price difference and both have regular main dealer history (and valve check).

Is a near as dammit 18,000miler high miles to be getting into?

At 7,600 it's not cheap. I'd Conduct preventative maintence for winter riding etc but it'd be ridden daily to work. Not a weekend toy.

Plus my wife's flying to Northern Italy in August and I will...ride out to meet her there.

The 2018 bike is the XRT which worries me. I don't want or need a bike loaded with extras.

I want simple, twist, ride.

The Tiger 800 from my criteria fits the bill mainly? And if I went for the private sale one it wouldn't be a bad choice?

2. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    I would go for the newer model. As long as it has a full service history and it has had the 18k service done, I wouldn't worry about the mileage.

• Agree Agree x 3