Tiger 800 Tiger 800 Chain Adjusters

Discussion in 'Tiger / Explorer' started by Chris Wise, Dec 4, 2017.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Thanks gents, gonna risk a gentle ride to work in the morning !

• Like Like x 3
  2. Cyborgbot

Cyborgbot Guest

I am not sure what the problem is here. Does it effect particular models / years of 800?

Mines a 16 plate and I changed the chain a few months ago and everything at the backend was fine...

You’ve got me worried I missed something...

3. Johnjo

Johnjo Senior Member

May 29, 2017
    Birmingham
    Worry not young sir. If your adjusters were working properly and not seized you're okay. :p

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. You have nothing to worry about (yet)
    If i were you, i'd change the adjuster bolts to stainless ones now, before the rot sets in, and cover the two holes on the inside of the swingarm with something sufficient enough to keep the crap out..

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Just a little update on my seized adjuster...
    For the record, i rode it to work for a few days with no adverse affects, mind you i rode like a granny :confused: no hard acceleration at all. Everything seemed to stay where it was, i checked it before and after each 18 mile journey to work.
    It has now gone to my local bike shop for it repairing, so will have it back next week at some point, just in time for the good weather returning :):)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Now all sorted and back in the game :cool::cool:

• Like Like x 3
  7. Does your swingarm have the holes on the inside of the arm like on the Tiger ?

8. Does your swingarm have the holes on the inside of the arm like on the Tiger ?
    Definitely block those up, if they're not already.. there's nothing on mine, not sure whether they are plugged when new or not, i forgot to ask the guy who repaired mine to cover these up, so i need to do that sooner rather than later, i don't really ride in the wet, and definitely won't be taking it out in the salty weather, that's what the car is for ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    theres some hollow table leg bungs you can get that fit, I've got some but never fitted them,why i dont know any way Ill dig them out and give you the measurements,

• Like Like x 2