Tiger 1050 Se Needs Headlight Upgrade, Someone Said The Tiger Sport Model Might Share The Same Beak?

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Savagetitan, Nov 7, 2020.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Savagetitan

Savagetitan New Member

Nov 7, 2020
    United States
    I've got a 2012 diablo red Tiger 1050 SE ABS, US model made in Taiwan, not the SPORT model. My stock headlights suck. Even after an upgrade to PIAA bulbs for both hi and lo beams. Someone years ago suggested that a Tiger 1050 SPORT, which was made beyond my year, 2012, the last of the double sided swing arm Tiger 1050's. They suggested that the beak, and the corresponding dual headlight enclosure that rides therein, might be the same even years later. They thought that Triumph had changed from the non adjustable and totally horrible projector beam headlights, to something better. Perhaps the SPORT model Tigers made after 2012 might still use the same beak, headlight enclosure, but maybe they changed the reflector such that a different type/style of bulb is/was/or could be used. My headlights are very poor for distance, extremely poor for peripheral lighting, but when you ride with the HI beam on, so you can see anything, that narrow cone of light is enough to get you the single finger salute from oncoming traffic. I tried contacting UK After Sales Support. There really isn't such, it is just verbage. I need to speak to someone familiar with Tiger 1050's, in specific the Tiger 1050 SPORT model. I need to know if any of the years from 2007 to present truly shared those parts between the 2 different Tiger 1050 models; the SE ABS (US spec model manufactured in Taiwan) and the Tiger 1050 SPORT model available in the UK and elsewhere. If they are the same maybe I could get the part numbers, if they ever truly changed the reflector housings inside the headlight enclosure - but maybe kept the outside of the headlight the same thus allowing me to change from a projector beam setup to one that is either adjustable, or just better in every way. I seriously have pocket flashlights that afford me more distance, and more peripheral lighting than these non adjustable projector beams. Can anyone please shed some light on this? It's getting dark, and I'm almost blind from typing and staring at such a small screen! I know you all don't like someone knocking the brand, I really want to love it. But it is a daytime use only machine. I do not think another change of bulb type, whilst still using the same reflector enclosure, will gain me any distance nor will it help with peripheral lighting. The projector reflector won't allow for any adjustment that positively affects an increase in distance, or an increase in peripheral lighting near the bike. While I like the look I miss a simple round headlight that had both HI and LO beams, and it worked. Never understood the 2 headlight setup, where one was the LO and the other the HI beam. Thanks in advance for any help. God bless.

2. Mcgowas

Mcgowas New Member

May 8, 2020
    Uk
    Hi,

Have the same problem. Did you ever resolve it.?

3. Savagetitan

Savagetitan New Member

Nov 7, 2020
    United States
    No. I was hoping yours was a message with helpful info. I don't get any time to ride, I have a large amount of new never mounted accessories for this bike, including auxiliary lighting. I don't like the idea of making this bike which is fairly sleek, look like the newer Tigers that look like Robocop just got off of a ride on. Some would say why'd you buy the stuff, I did so because the bike was out of production an aftermarket parts would eventually be in short supply. I like the look of it the way it is. I get more looks than the guy with the newer more expensive HD does. I kind of think this is the wrong place for me to expect any answers however. So sorry, enjoy the ride if you get to, and have a happy new year. Have a better year at least than this one. Stay safe and keep the rubber side down. It's possible that in the future I might sell everything all at once being that I get no time to ride. Watch for any future post from me, as that will likely be the case. Bike has around 4,000 miles on it.