Thruxton Thruxton R Levers

Discussion in 'Thruxton, Scrambler & Trident' started by drinky, Jul 29, 2016.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Hi guys took the brake lever to my dealership couple of day ago and they had the same problem as Tricolore, said the same they are really good quality for the price but they said the machining needs to go back about 2 mm and to the left by about 1 mm very close but not exact. They said that if the wheel binds which it was this would be an Mot failure and obviously dangerous. If the plunger pin was altered to take the lever then you would not be able to revert back to standard and the warranty would be voided, so did not want to go down that road. Spoke to John at jaabees, very helpful I have sent the lever back and he is going to check the machining and hopefully get it sorted. Will give an update when I know more.

2. Tricolore

Tricolore Active Member

Jun 24, 2016
    Midlands
    Interesting ! Perhaps ask him to send you another pair because they appear to be good levers for the money, also if they don't fit perhaps there is something else preventing them from fitting correctly.

I ended up buying LSL ones from the bike show, got a bit of a deal tbh, no way was I paying £180:00. They are excellent quality and fitted perfectly with no 'slack' movement and they come with a plunger pin fitted, 10 minute job. But, they don't look any better than the ones from JayBee, the LSL ones have far too many silver allen screws for my liking.

3. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Ah put up some pictures Tricolore if you have time. Mine have gold adjusters which were special order, I thought they would match the shocks. Hopefully they can sort it for me as I still have the clutch side on and they do feel and look sweet.

4. Pottsy

Pottsy Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2016
    Plymouth, UK
    Ok sorted levers. Read back to catch story, bottom line Jon at Jaybee really came up with the goods and knows his stuff, swapped the duff brake lever. I took it back to my dealership to fit, it took 10 mins that included wheeling the bike in an out of workshop. They commented on the good quality and they look good and work well. See pics

20170120_141411.jpg

20170120_141349.jpg