Thruxton R Barrel Fault Hairline Crack Or Porosity Leaking Coolant

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by timboo, Aug 6, 2022.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    The situation has now been concluded and an expert report produced. The fault was either a hairline crack or as suggested an issue relating to porosity at point of manufacture. Thanks to a forum member I successfully got paid out from my bank under the consumer credit act. Here is a link to my whole experience of dealing with Blade Motorcycles, which covers the story in full

https://www.thetriumphforum.com/threads/blade-motorcycles-like-blood-from-a-stone.36037/

• Like Like x 4
  2. Bolosun

Bolosun Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Crewe/Cheshire
    glad you got it sorted. Did you get it repaired or money back for the bike?

3. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Repair pending via another main dealer. Recommendation through the kind chap who did the expert report. Bike being picked up soon

• Like Like x 3
  4. Wessa

Wessa Cruising

Apr 27, 2016
    North West England
    Good news mate. Well pleased it is nearly sorted.

• Like Like x 1
  5. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    Indeed can’t wait for it to be working again mormtorbikes are great for mental health when they are road worthy.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Iceman

Iceman Crème de la Crème

Apr 19, 2020
    Lancashire
    Unfortunately, it is not only Blade Motorcycles who deliver absolutely appalling service, I wrote a similar experience on the forum some time back about Total Triumph, another dealer to avoid at all costs, the MD is Neil Mossman who also has history as a car dealer, and not in a good way, he likes to portray himself as a reputable businessman down at his local golf club (he spends most days there), however he has failed previous businesses (all information available on companies house records), some staff have demonstrated dishonesty with no shame whatsoever. They even denied advertising a machine as "Triumph Approved" despite photographic evidence (they had the advert removed, but not before copies had been taken. Triumph UK got involved and looked into matters, however Total Triumph informed them the case had been resolved (totally untrue) and therefore closed the case and refused to re-open it. These rogue dealers taint those Triumph dealerships that offer fantastic service. Anyway, timboo I am so please you have finally got matters resolved, it has been a monumental struggle for you and Blade should hang their heads in complete shame.

• Like Like x 6
  7. timboo

timboo Senior Member

Oct 17, 2021
    Cambridgeshire
    I’m awaiting a call for it to come home fixed whoop whoop.

• Like Like x 9