Thruxton 900 Non-starting Issue

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by JungleGus, Mar 19, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. JungleGus

JungleGus New Member

Feb 20, 2017
    London
    OK well...after undoing the ignition switch backplate, it's obvious the issue - the contact for ignition is badly corroded. I am guessing a combination of the protection plate being stuck open, the ignition relocating to the RHS of the bike, and the contact cleaner/WD40 washing out all the protective grease, caused this to be corroded rapidly. Having said that...I'm less than impressed with the quality of electrics and weather proofing. It's not like Triumph isn't a native GB company...

Anyway, cleaned her all up, added some solder to build the contact, regreased and she seems to be working now. Finally...

• Like Like x 3
  2. J.W.

J.W. New Member

Apr 7, 2018
    Cheshire
    I had a problem with mine similar to you, I found that I had a break in a jointed cable in the loom. Situated near to the headstock the loom is pulled quite tight during the steering of the bike. If you open the loom up at this point you will find several cablescare jointed here. The joints are poorly made, and I had a cable that had broke free. Worth checking, unwrap the wiring loom near to the headstock.