Thruxton 900 Efi/neutral Light

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by tappers, Jul 15, 2018.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tappers

tappers Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    i gave my thruxton a good clean today, whilst starting the engine i noticed there is NO neutral light when it's in neutral,i know it's not a blown bulb as it's lit during the pre-start sequence,any idea anyone.

2. tappers

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    no,it run's as normal.

3. crispey

crispey crispey creme de la creme

Nov 6, 2014
    Uk
    Have you tried putting it in and out of gear a few times with the engine runnIng.

4. Sprinter

Sprinter Kinigit

Aug 17, 2014
    uk
    On mine the neutral light is a wire and connector just above the gear lever on the side casing.

5. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    I think the clue, and possibly the cure is in your first post. When you say you gave it a good clean what did you do? Did you take bits off to clean them and the surrounding area? The neutral light is illuminating as part of the initial sequence and as you say it's working so you have eliminated bulb failure so my guess is you have disturbed either the switch or the wiring for the neutral switch. Retrace your steps from your cleaning and double check the wire and switch, that should do it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. tappers

Nov 30, 2015
    west sussex.UK
    problem sorted, it wasn't due to the cleaning after all,the wire had come off of the neutral switch on the underside of the engine i carefully applied a bit of pressure to the male tab to get a tighter fit on the connector,it was very loose when i put it back on, hence it coming adrift in the 1st place.

• Like Like x 2