Thruxton 1200r

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Spacefrog, Oct 8, 2018.

Tags:
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. R_1000

R_1000 Elite Member
    Subscriber

Sep 2, 2016
    UK, London
    Welcome buddy :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SpaceFrog.
    Please don't insult Northern Ireland.
    Ride Safe
    Joe

3. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SpaceFrog.
    Its not what we like. Its you and your choice. We will back you all the way and we will love it with you. But Black will go down a storm on here.
    Enjoy the Bike
    Joe.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Thank you Joe and R_1000, yes its black and in my big shed now, Got stuck on the M4 and was parked for two hours, and i actually helped some nice lady walk her three dogs down the hard shoulder, anyway, its been along day, 300 miles in the hire van, couldnt resist a quick ride when i got back just before it got dark, and yes you are all right, lovely to ride, and my wife loves it too…. happy days.
    Shame its going to rain tomorrow….

• Like Like x 3
  5. joe mc donald

Subscriber

Dec 26, 2014
    slough / burnham
    SpaceFrog
    You've cracked it with the better half on side. And your good deed today will go down in your favour 10 times over. Just bear in mind new bike new tyres and new brakes and colder roads. But I should not be telling you about old rope. Enjoy your new steed. You earned it.
    Ride Safe
    Joe.

• Like Like x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Uncle Olaf

Uncle Olaf Member

Mar 23, 2018
    Genk, Belgium
    Hi and welcome. Fantastic bike, the Thruxton. I've been smiling ever since I bought one. Bought it second hand so not much colour to choose.
    Anyway, I would consider all colours exept red, but that is -of course- personal.
    Good luck!

7. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    I have ridden a Yamahas for the last 30 years but this bike really is something else, i know its always nicer to ride a new bike but i think its going to be triumph from this day onwards, i've now managed to sneak in 100 miles between the rain, getting fed up of standing by the window waiting for it to stop,
    does anyone know…. is the usual 500miles service free on a new triumph?
    Also i would like to ask if anyone has any advice, when i am riding the bike, the gears seem to clunk but then sometimes they are silky smooth, do you reckon its something i need to get used to, or maybe because the engine isnt revving high enough…..changing too quickly,? too forcefully…? im not thinking i have a gearbox problem but im guessing i have to learn a new way of riding this bike……any tips would be greatfully received.

8. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman Crème de la Crème

Dec 12, 2015
    Barnsley
    Service will be free labour, just parts need to be paid for (oil, filter, “workshop consumables”). Re the gears, depends how you are riding it, best way is to balance the revs to the road speed both up and down the gears, that way everything should be smooth, no clunking.

9. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    #27 Rich Bryce, Oct 15, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
    Green is still only available on the base Thruxton. Thruxton Rs in green are due in the UK mid November, so earliest in showrooms early December.

However, if anyone else would like a green one now we can take the green parts off a standard Thruxton we have in the showroom here in Woburn and put them on a Thruxton R for you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    My gearbox was clunky up until about 300 miles. it’s either normal or I started to ride differently as this is my first twin

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. David Cooper

David Cooper Triumph Rocketeer.
    Subscriber

Hello and welcome to the forum

hi.gif

12. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    Hello David……i am new to this forum , everybody is so friendly and helpful . so thank you everybody, sorry is i missed anyone out….

hi.gif

• Like Like x 3
  13. Ken walburn

Ken walburn Noble Member

Jun 28, 2017
    Essex
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Spacefrog

Spacefrog Active Member

Oct 8, 2018
    Somerset UK
    its one of those faster silver fast ones….. just been on a 50 miles round trip this morning, had a haircut while i was there, this bike never ceases to amaze….getting a bit more used to it now.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Rich Bryce

Rich Bryce Dead Eye Dick

Sep 18, 2015
    Bedford
    Yeah, really slippy paint job those silver ones.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    03B4CF36-3B2A-4709-A4BD-BF906DED1636.jpeg Mines only an S but still looks miles faster in black

• Like Like x 3
  17. Glyn Phillips

Glyn Phillips Old’N’Slow

Jun 21, 2018
    Essex
    Even as I look at that picture it’s killing the ton, that looks like Matt black has gone soooo fast it polished it